cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

I've had 5 Sales going on for quite awhile, all ending on same date/time, and I always follow the same procedure when they end: I 'Copy' each ended sale so I don't have to select the items again, set the start/end times and Launch.

Did that this morn with all 5 as per usual, but when they became Active, each showed Zero for the # of Items in the sale. I clicked on the Zero and below is an example of what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

These "Skipped" Items were selected to be in the sale! All 5 Sales are showing ALL my selections as "Skipped!" This has never happened before and I've been launching these sales for at least 6 months. Further, there's no way that I know of to delete these faulty sales. Perhaps @Anonymous can shed some light on this new problem/error.

Message 1 of 271
latest reply
270 REPLIES 270

Agree 100%. Ebay is a brainless monopoly.
Message 226 of 271
latest reply

Agree 100%. Change back or I close my store of 10 years. Ebay Management are Morons.
Message 227 of 271
latest reply

I think I need to step in and defend the folks in EBAY management.  Bad policy decisions, do not make them morons.  It simply means they may need to be educated about the real world.  That is our responsibility and it may take some time  They are probably very smart and nice people and calling them morons is going to far.

Our job as sellers is not to name call, but rather try to educate as to why this was horrible for buyers, sellers, and EBAY.  And Tyler and others are doing thier best to pass information along and they did already make one small but almost useless concession, but it is a first step. 

From the high and mighty ivory white tower on the west side of the Republic of California where up is down and down is up and every day is Alice in Wonderland and a trip through the looking glass this may have seemed like a good way to solve a problem they saw. 

But we sellers live on the reality side of that looking glass and many of us are from outside the Republic of California, and we are doing all we can to educate and provide BETTER solutions that do not seem so crazy!

There have been some excellent discussions by sellers on this thread and tons of others on other blogs in the past week.  Many great ideas for EBAY management to mull over.

Such as:

1.) Not applying these rules to 20% or less promotions

2.) Only applies to the "Brand new " item condition category

3.) penalizing sellers who inflate and then do massive sales in order to trick or decive buyers.

4.) Maybe not allowing sales of 30% or higher at all.  Force sellers to simply lower the price to wherever everybody else is selling or near it and do smaller % sales.

So as hard as it is, (and I personally have statistically lost over $2500 in sales in the past week), we need to give Tyler and the other fine folks reading our posts time to implement revisions.  And because this involves sofware changes, it cannot happen overnight.  It might take IT at EBAY days to implement a change that does not bust other stuff, even if those folks that are appearing to tell us to eat cake, are already responding to our pleas and suggestions.

However if they hold thier position and do not respond in a week or so, then I suspect the pitchforks may come out and name calling might be appropriate.

Morons are incapable of learning or being educated, I trust EBAY's management will see there is a better way.  Only time will tell.

In the meantime, lets work to be part of a better solution and keep good ideas flowing regarding how to solve EBAY managements concerns, rather than name call and be combative no matter how high the level of frustration and anger may get.  

Remember "if you are not part of the solution, your are part of the problem"

Jim

Message 228 of 271
latest reply

Sorry, but that suggestion of placing my newly listed items in GTC isn't good for me..

Today I want to list my best items in stock, the ones that will bring eyes and sales ASAP, because sales have dropped so badly - throwing them in the GTC category, where they drop in visibility after ? days, isn't the answer..

I would usually price the brand new with tags items (with pictures of the price tags!) below the MSRP price, then mark them down 25-30% for a good deal for all.... and adjust the price as each markdown would roll off...

Same with pre-owned items - I would price them at approximately half price of the original value of the item, and then discount them to a price I could live with.  That model worked great for me and the buyers - a good deal for everyone!

Searching for an acceptable resoluton has taken hours (and there is none), and although the CSR on a call was pleasant, there was no definate answer..

I DO think the CSR was hinting that there might be more changes, because when I said I can't see any reason to relist the marked down items until I understand the changes, he said "that might be a good idea"...

Message 229 of 271
latest reply

"Now today, much to my amazement,

all of the items that I had added to my new sale,

which had been skipped 4 days ago,

were now magically on sale!"

was this sale a 30 day sale promo OR were the items all GTC?

Message 230 of 271
latest reply

Same issue here. After 24 hours you can end the sale and try again. I have done this for the last 7 days and the issue is not working each time I try. Is it this new 14 day hold?
Message 231 of 271
latest reply

Attemped a sale today and it worked only "skipped" a hand full of items. yeah!

Message 232 of 271
latest reply

Just tried to relist 20 items that rolled off their 30 day, and were marked down - thought I'd try to bulk item change to GTC - the option to change to GTC in bulk  was not available.  gahhhhh....

Also, it occurs to me that when they suggest that you cancel items and try to put them in a GTC, you will be charged your relist fee - so items that I JUST relisted, using my store 1000 frees, will be lost and I'll have to use more of my 1000 frees to relist as GTC..  they'll end up with more $ having everyone end and relist, yes??? Cuz I'll run out of my 1000 pretty soon...

Message 233 of 271
latest reply

can you tell us what type of sale you ran?  30 days?  markdown by %?  Relisted items?  New items??  GTC?

Message 234 of 271
latest reply

I SO agree!

Message 235 of 271
latest reply

I have been trying now for over a week and I can't get the markdown manager to take my items either.   You would think after a week they could get it fixed.!!

Message 236 of 271
latest reply

I agree. I get the 14 day first listing thing, but it shouldn't be related to changing the price.

First scenario:

1. I list an item for the first time so I need to price  accordingly.

2. After 14 days I can put it on sale.

Second scenario:

1. I list an item for the first time so I need to price  accordingly.

2. About 18 days later, I decide to drop the price a little bit because I got interest, but hasn't sold.

3. Now I'm coming up on the last week of the month and want to run a sale before it relist.

4. Well I can't because I changed the price a couple of days ago. Ridiculous!!!

Ebay listen, please. We change prices all the time. Sometimes people message us and want to know if we can lower the price. When we do, we have to wait another 14 days to run a sale??? Do you not know that this inhibits us from making sales.... and it makes our side of the business much, much harder to manage trying to figure out when we changed prices on hundreds and thousands of listings.

Too many changes eBay! As they say, if it isn't broke, don't fix it. You need to throw this change away. This is the worst one you have ever implemented and impossible to manage when prices change all the time on this platform. The true eBayers can never run a sale given your current set of rules.

Message 237 of 271
latest reply

Is it just me or did anyone understand this explanation!!!I believe an Amazon employee must now be working for ebay with the intent of destroying eBay or may be he is looking for a posting in the Trump Government.

Message 238 of 271
latest reply

I've been following this thread and I think there is yet one more problem that has not been raised. Which is shocking.

EBAY PLEASE LISTEN

If we have an item go unpaid (that sold off a sale), when we relist it can we not put it on sale RIGHT AWAY??

I'm just guessing here that everyone has unpaid items.

Seth S Wawak
Message 239 of 271
latest reply

Excellent point.  

Or they order, want to cancel and now you have to wait 14 days to put it back at its sale price.  Very few of my items have more than one available.

I keep waiting for a reversal of this policy which makes no sense at all, or at least partial relief by only applying it to sales >20%.  In the meantime I have lost almost all sales eventhough half my items are still on sale, and statistically am down $5000 in sales  in the past 2 weeks when I average $10,000.  Sales the past 2 weeks have been under $400 Total and they should have been over $5000.  Nothing has changed in last 2 weeks other than markdown manager  has had 10% to 40% of my items not on Sale, and EBAY's technical problems that started about the same time.

But I am also hearing sellers are losing massive amounts of sales totally unrelated to the marksdown manager as well.

Jim

Message 240 of 271
latest reply