cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orders eligible for combined purchases Glitch

alan@ebay

Seller hub showing as a count of 2 for "Orders eligible for combined purchases" under Orders section

But clicking on the link shows that there a currently no orders that can be combined "You have no buyers with combinable purchases"
Did all the base trouble shooting too

cleared Cache,log in log out , multiple machines, diff browsers etc.

Again reported to CS about a week ago too. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Orders eligible for combined purchases Glitch

I don't know if your problem is the same as mine but, I clicked the link for a combined shipping. It wouldn't combine them because of different carriers (smartpost, USPS First Class). Since my go ahead carrier would be Smartpost, I didn't want to change First Class to Smartpost and combine for fear of getting a defect for downgrading First Class. I put the USPS Item in with the Smartpost Item and marked it as shipped. I still got a defect because I didn't know to Upload the Tracking number (I thought the combine shipping link did that).

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

You're talking about something totally different. I'm showing 2 to combine when there aren't any.
But, have had similar instances to yours.
I always check to make sure when I combine 2 items that each has the tracking auto-added or I manually add it. Got hit for that before and finally had a CS agent that understood and removed the late upload ding when he verified that both were 1 pack to same receiver . ( If I remember correctly too - I got a wing-ding that's a double ding, one for late upload, because when I noticed the issue I added it (BAD SELLER!) and one for not scanned at all - LOL!)
Add a third layer to that and acknowledge that if you have it auto set to send buyer tracking details that some times it will send one but not both, so buyer assumes you never sent second or they're coming in separate shipments.

SHHOD - Seller Hits Head On Desk
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @toomstoys

Thanks for calling this out. I can reproduce the issue you're seeing here. I am sending a mail over to our technical team to have this reviewed. If I have updates, or if I need more info, I will be in touch. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

This is still an issue.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@toomstoys wrote:

This is still an issue.

Hi @toomstoys,

I'm waiting on an update from our technical support team on this one. 

Will let you know when I hear from them. 

Thanks. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Just a friendly reminder that is has been 27 days since I posted about this issue. After getting no where with CS on the phone. 

IT did rectify itself after 14 days but now is back again after another cancelled order for the same previously stated reasons. (On it clearing itself eventually ....Think we all assumed/hoped that would happen)

But now once again It is messing with everything else too......

Ap and Desktop notifications (bell etc) show "9" paid ship now

Actual current count on paid ship is 2 listings , 2 items 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@toomstoys wrote:

Just a friendly reminder that is has been 27 days since I posted about this issue. After getting no where with CS on the phone. 

IT did rectify itself after 14 days but now is back again after another cancelled order for the same previously stated reasons. (On it clearing itself eventually ....Think we all assumed/hoped that would happen)

Now 34 days. 

alan@ebay

tyler@ebay

Android - and no, again, signing in and out, rebooting phone etc , clearing cache does not help

now when I go to APP Home screen it shows 15 paid ship now

the click of notification bell area shows 8 ( 4 orders:  but is actually orders of 1,1,1,4) 

in APP in the "Selling tab" shows 5 paid ship now 

Hovering over the BEll on the desktop shows 8 paid ship now

I actually have 5 orders .............I mean ..........seriously 

Can we fix this ?

( and the glitch of showing Orders eligible for combined purchases as 1 and then clicking it shows :You have no buyers with combinable purchases is still there too.

And honestly Alan , this is why I asked about the features of the seller hub update here :

@toomstoys wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Hub/Seller-Hub-Update-August-2018/m-p/28807108#M28532

Alan,

Am I missing something?

Where are these new features and where would this info be displayed ?

• View buyers’ checkout notes on your main page

And there seems to be an issue again with:

"Review your Guaranteed Delivery status"

showing error message : Sorry, your status isn't available right now. Please try again later.

Hi @toomstoys

This thread is related to opting sellers back into the new Orders page. 

If you want to discuss something else about Seller Hub, the courteous thing to do would be to create a new thread, related to the topic you want to discuss, on this board: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Hub/bd-p/SellerHub

Thank you. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

And I am still trying to figure out wether I have the new or old version of the HUB and now have figured some of this out on my own - like that the suggested note to seller showing on the sales page does show 

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@toomstoys wrote:

@toomstoys wrote:

Now 34 days. 

alan@ebay

tyler@ebay

Android - and no, again, signing in and out, rebooting phone etc , clearing cache does not help

now when I go to APP Home screen it shows 15 paid ship now

the click of notification bell area shows 8 ( 4 orders:  but is actually orders of 1,1,1,4) 

in APP in the "Selling tab" shows 5 paid ship now 

Hovering over the BEll on the desktop shows 8 paid ship now

I actually have 5 orders .............I mean ..........seriously 

Can we fix this ?

( and the glitch of showing Orders eligible for combined purchases as 1 and then clicking it shows :You have no buyers with combinable purchases is still there too.

And honestly Alan , this is why I asked about the features of the seller hub update here :

@toomstoys wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Hub/Seller-Hub-Update-August-2018/m-p/28807108#M28532

Alan,

Am I missing something?

Where are these new features and where would this info be displayed ?

• View buyers’ checkout notes on your main page

And there seems to be an issue again with:

"Review your Guaranteed Delivery status"

showing error message : Sorry, your status isn't available right now. Please try again later.

Hi @toomstoys

This thread is related to opting sellers back into the new Orders page. 

If you want to discuss something else about Seller Hub, the courteous thing to do would be to create a new thread, related to the topic you want to discuss, on this board: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Hub/bd-p/SellerHub

Thank you. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

And I am still trying to figure out wether I have the new or old version of the HUB and now have figured some of this out on my own - like that the suggested note to seller showing on the sales page does show 

Good news.!?

( Except for the obvious....no sales) but at least the App Home screen confirms there are no orders. App selling tab call Out confirms no orders to ship, Desktop Bell notificaton is zero

but the glitch of showing Orders eligible for combined purchases as 1 and then clicking it shows :You have no buyers with combinable purchases is still there.

That one should clear in 14 days

until it shows up again for the return that will be requested  by the buyer for the items their kid bought ( and paid for) without premission today that had already been shipped out. 

Guess I really need to look at how I am listing my items to stop this behavior. 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Now back to 2 again.

1 is because of a cancelled/refund for an unauthorized transaction ( So I almost understand that that one will show for some time until it clears) 

The other 1 does not exist 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@toomstoys wrote:

This is still an issue.

Hi @toomstoys,

I'm waiting on an update from our technical support team on this one. 

Will let you know when I hear from them. 

Thanks. 

2 Full months since I made my original post about this issue. Still an issue and still no response.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Hi @toomstoys, thanks for the reminder. I've emailed our technical support team to see if they have an update on this one for me. 

I'll let you know when I have an update. 

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

"I've emailed our technical support team..."

And what is their response re all of the other issues being reported here? Anything? Anything? Bueller? Bueller?

Sorry Alan, this is unacceptable and is a HUGE shameful black mark all across eBay.

I'm receiving emails from eBay claiming that my items are sitting in buyers' carts and suggesting that I lower the price by 10% to "make the sale" of 99-cent items... Which as you certainly know is impossible, because 99-cents is the lowest price eBay accepts. The problem is that buyers have added several of my items to their carts and then were then quoted a "telephone number" for shipping by eBay, by the hopelessly broken shipping calculator.

Perhaps you can explain to the "technical support team" and to the eBay board of directors that ALL of eBay depends upon sellers making sales, but those sales are being inhibited by eBay, meanwhile eBay is passing out coupons to buyers, and free insertions to sellers, and discounted FVFs to sellers -- essentially burning the candle at both ends -- which WILL end badly.

And, to make matters even worse, there is STILL some problem with buyers finding sellers' listings and/or making purchases. For example, in say a 1-2 day period I'll have perhaps 20-30 sales, then in a 2-3 day period I'll have perhaps 5-10 sales, and the cycle repeats. I suppose eBay would suggest it's the phases of the Moon or the alignment of the stars, or that I should lower the price of my 99-cent items by 10%. And by the way, the reason why I've dropped most of my prices to 99 cents is because otherwise I'd have few to no sales. Never mind that I'm not generating any profit from those sales; I'm trying to generate cash flow to pay my minimum operating costs. And then I receive a nice little update from eBay telling me that my sales are down 48% from this same period last year, yet no one sees any problem.

see-no_hear-no-speak-no-2.jpg

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

ebay2.png

I've been having the same problem.  I had a combined invoice that the buyer couldn't pay for, so I cancelled it.  I did a second-chance offer for both items (which happened to be the same bidder), but they didn't accept.  I relisted both items and the combined invoice counter has been stuck on "1" since then.  The one order I'm waiting for payment on was also a combined invoice, but it worked correctly. 

I'm hoping that when they sell again the combo will drop, but they have new listing numbers so it's probably not going to happen.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@sesudient wrote:

ebay2.png

I've been having the same problem.  I had a combined invoice that the buyer couldn't pay for, so I cancelled it.  I did a second-chance offer for both items (which happened to be the same bidder), but they didn't accept.  I relisted both items and the combined invoice counter has been stuck on "1" since then.  The one order I'm waiting for payment on was also a combined invoice, but it worked correctly. 

I'm hoping that when they sell again the combo will drop, but they have new listing numbers so it's probably not going to happen.

Thanks for chiming in ..........

It happens again and again and again. Usually it will drop off after 14 days. ( Funny how that time frame keeps popping up again and again too. I think it directly relates to - if you had an unpaid item and opened a payment not received on that - it would stay open until that time passed too.)  That is, unless you have the same repeat scenario and then the waiting game begins again for that new cancelled/unpaid multi-piece order. 

"I'm hoping that when they sell again the combo will drop, but they have new listing numbers so it's probably not going to happen." - It won't - it is specific to that order, not to the item or the item #'s .

Alan can correct me if I'm wrong on that but I've seen it happen enough times to understand what the route cause is - just not capable on my (our) end to fix it. You would get the same thing if you refunded a multi piece order too. 

It's an annoyance "ghost" bug/glitch that just isn't important enough yet to fix. 

I'm not sure they even know how to - but I am sure that they know it is happening, and they know why because they have said they can replicate the occurence - but because it will go away on it's own - it just doesn't matter compared to some of the other more glaring and problematic site issues. 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply