cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Cancellations on Seller Hub AFTER Refunds Confirmed Credited to Buyers

tyler@ebay or To Whom It May Concern:

Below are 2 cancellations (requested by buyer)

1) Cancel ID: 5116081431 

2) Cancel ID: 5116081353

Two cancellations (buyer requested).  Have agreed to these cancellations + the refunds were correctly processed through paypal immediately. No pending e-checks were involved, all the refunds were funded from outstanding paypal balance. 

Spoken to CSR who also had confirmed that refunds were made correctly to buyers' accounts.

The FVFs were correctly recovered.  

However, on the Seller Hub,  the 2 cancellations still remained as 'Open'.  

I hope, I've come to the right place for help.  If not, please direct me to the proper source to attend to this issue.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Open Cancellations on Seller Hub AFTER Refunds Confirmed Credited to Buyers

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@songbirddu7 wrote:

Two cancellations (buyer requested).  Have agreed to these cancellations + the refunds were correctly processed through paypal immediately. No pending e-checks were involved, all the refunds were funded from outstanding paypal balance. 

Spoken to CSR who also had confirmed that refunds were made correctly to buyers' accounts.

I hope, I've come to the right place for help.  If not, please direct me to the proper source to attend to this issue.

Hi @songbirddu7 - this is a technical issue that we're working on getting corrected. I've added your account as one that is impacted by it. I'm glad to hear that CS has got you taken care of from a fees perspective, and I hope to see a quick resolution on this!

Tyler,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@songbirddu7 wrote:

Hi @songbirddu7 - this is a technical issue that we're working on getting corrected. I've added your account as one that is impacted by it. I'm glad to hear that CS has got you taken care of from a fees perspective, and I hope to see a quick resolution on this!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I am having the same problem. Recent cancellations have been already refunded through PayPal but showing still in Progress in eBay.

Could you please add my account as well to the ones that are impacted by it.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

We also have had 2 buyer cancellations that still show on seller hub even though they have been refunded by Paypal.  However we have not received credit for the final fees and one is over $50.  I know of the same thing for another eBay account.   Also no refund for promo ad on the items that were cancelled.  Ebay needs to get their act together.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay

Most grateful if you'll add my fellow ebay sellers who're also impacted by this technical issue, since I've started the thread. 

1) @amazing_tv-2015 + 2) @timck

@timck: < ... However we have not received credit for the final fees and one is over $50.  I know of the same thing for another eBay account.   Also no refund for promo ad on the items that were cancelled.>

To help recover any fees incurred due to technical issue, I purposely used the feature that a CSR return my call. Meantime, I will have the impacted transactions details ready, when the call from CSR came through.  All the fees incurred due to this technical issue was successfully recovered/credited to my account with the help of the CSR.  

As to this particular technical issue, it is beyond the control of the CSR. However, they'll be able to help recover any FVF's incurred, manually. 

Hope the above suggestion works for you.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@songbirddu7 wrote:

tyler@ebay

Most grateful if you'll add my fellow ebay sellers who're also impacted by this technical issue, since I've started the thread. 

1) @amazing_tv-2015 + 2) @timck

@timck: < ... However we have not received credit for the final fees and one is over $50.  I know of the same thing for another eBay account.   Also no refund for promo ad on the items that were cancelled.>

To help recover any fees incurred due to technical issue, I purposely used the feature that a CSR return my call. Meantime, I will have the impacted transactions details ready, when the call from CSR came through.  All the fees incurred due to this technical issue was successfully recovered/credited to my account with the help of the CSR.  

As to this particular technical issue, it is beyond the control of the CSR. However, they'll be able to help recover any FVF's incurred, manually. 

Hope the above suggestion works for you.

Thanks for the heads up on these other impacted members @songbirddu7! I've gotten them added to the open ticket, and your advice to them to get their fees credited is sound. Thanks for the effort you've gone to on this!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Same problem here, with three pending cancellations that have already been refunded.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for your help. I have a non pay that I can close tonight so will wait till tomorrow to call so that I can add that to my list of fees not refunded.  That will make #4.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

add us too because we also have 2 Seller: abprules
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

We have 2 as well. Add us to the list.

Cancel ID 5116568845

Cancel ID 5116144973

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I have another problem! My orders are getting canceled EVEN that no one requested a cancellation! I've received about 7 messages from eBay that order was canceled so I don't know WHO ASKED to cancel it. NO ONE! 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay - Much appreciated the shout-out to the tech team who is responsible to rectify the "Cancellation Pending" glitch.  At my own account/site - all is back to normal as of yesterday - Oct, 2, 2018.

As to other fellow eBay Sellers who're similarly impacted by the this particular "Cancellation Pending" stagnant status on their account, I hope, Tyler, you'll tyler@ebay have automatically added them (ie: @abprules, @high_speed_tactical) to the ticket, since this thread was started in the Tech Issue.  Thank you very much in-advance.

Good Successful Sales, Ahead to Ya'll.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay or to Whom It May Concern,

<My orders are getting canceled EVEN that no one requested a cancellation! I've received about 7 messages from eBay that order was canceled so I don't know WHO ASKED to cancel it@ikshop

Please assist this fellow eBay Seller @ikshop.

@ikshop - I've not encountered your situation. I've tagged tyler@ebay for assistance. He or other Blues will be able to attend to your issue and find a quick resolution.  My best bet is that this is another system malfunction/glitch/gremlins' attacks to some sellers and not a wide spread 'attacks. 

Do be patient, I'm quite positive your case will be read and attended to.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@songbirddu7 wrote:

tyler@ebay or to Whom It May Concern,

<My orders are getting canceled EVEN that no one requested a cancellation! I've received about 7 messages from eBay that order was canceled so I don't know WHO ASKED to cancel it@ikshop

Please assist this fellow eBay Seller @ikshop.

@ikshop - I've not encountered your situation. I've tagged tyler@ebay for assistance. He or other Blues will be able to attend to your issue and find a quick resolution.  My best bet is that this is another system malfunction/glitch/gremlins' attacks to some sellers and not a wide spread 'attacks. 

Do be patient, I'm quite positive your case will be read and attended to.

Thanks for the tag @songbirddu7!

Hi @ikshop - what you're describing sounds like a buyer initiated cancellation, which can be done if certain criteria are met. Briefly - if the item is within an hour of purchase, and it has not yet been shipped, the buyer is able to cancel the transaction and get a refund.

If more than an hour has passed, or if the item has already been marked as shipped, the request won't be automatically processed, but will be referred to you to approve or decline.

We classify these types of cancellations differently in your Seller Hub cancellation screen. If you see the reason as 'Buyer initiated' then it was a cancel request that met the automated criteria. If you're having transactions cancelled that don't meet those requirements please consider contacting CS so they can review in more depth. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

What do I need to cancel my subscription with eBay. Please contact me?
Message 15 of 15
latest reply