cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No activity, slow sales/offers/emails ETC....

Hi, has anyone noticed a decline in sales and just general activity over the last week or so? I've been on ebay for many years and I'm not getting good searchability, I am not receving many, if any, emails from customers, no offers? Is ebay doing a sustem upgrade or anything? I know there is something going on with the "Active Content" but this is just weird..... Anyone having a similar problem?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: No activity, slow sales/offers/emails ETC....

Down 86% from same time last year. Customer Service read me the same ol same ol scripted text about how other sellers must be selling similar items at lower costs and of course the infamous 'clear your cache, cookies and browsing history.' UHG! Pictures do not display properly and depending on what browser I'm using, they are either missing, grayed out, or showing partially grayed with and new this morning, When I open the link to view my store, my pictures now are either covered with squares of bright colored patches or have various sized bright colored boarders. Never saw this before. Just add it to the list. But eBay assures me nothing is wrong and they have not received other reports of people experiencing photo issues. Again, UHG! So frustrating. Store renewal is June 1st. Hmmm, wonder what I'll do? Seems non-renewal is a no-brainer.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

It is now September of 2017 and all of this is still happening.  Getting enough sales to just barely get by.  No messages or notices about the sales there are, nothing from Paypal anymore about getting payment from buyers.  Selling in a saturated area, true, but after almost 20 years the Ebay "leaders" are doing nothing to help any sellers.  Try e-mailing the ebay selling mangager through a link that goes no where.  Try to send a message through hotmail or G mail, ebay won't accept it.  Call support and they give the standard message of lower your price, change wording, blah, blah, blah..  Prices are down to give away, doesn't matter if selling fixed price or auction although auction seems to get a bit more attention.  Cassini search engine, taxes, Obama care prices, Trump's fault, this plain stinks.  Hello Ebay, anybody home?

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Yes, my bids and sales very slow.  I realize summer could be slow, but not the way it has been.  Buyers apparently are not seeing my items?  I agree with you however.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Sorry I did not know about This Form Of Message until Today,  About The Same Time You Were Talking About, My Sales Went Down, I Was Getting 2 Or 3 Sale Almost Everyday And It Stopped, Now My Sale Comes About Every  2 Weeks, So I Believe That eBay Promotes Me Twice A Month And That Is The Reason For That. Robert

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I am having message issues too. They are slow and lagging in both of my accounts. 2 different browsers. I learned a lot in the last 5 calls to eBay representatives about the sales being down 80%. They said my listings are fine and they will refresh my store. Put all of the info together and it is basically that you have to pay to promote your listings. Small seller's can't afford it so the big Kahunas get top listing visibility because they can afford to pay for the exposure. This is really sad for us hard working smaller sellers. 😞
Message 20 of 23
latest reply

There is a decline in sales because people are slowing down in buying. The reasons I can't pinpoint. Ask anyone you know who is in sales they'll tell you the same the majority of them anyway. It's how things are these days.
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Ps: It's not a thing we sellers want to happen, it's a bummer for sure. Good luck every one:) Happy Thanksgiving, hope we all get a little peace this Holiday and can forget life for awhile,lol. 

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

I had great sales in April/May,first time selling in years.June,what happened?Dead as can be.Views are down as well as watchers,emails,have had one recently.Is everybody at the beach?

Message 23 of 23
latest reply