cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly Listed no longer sorting by date = useless

I maintain a daily search, refreshed thoughout the day, for Newly Listed items of a certain vintage manufacturer. Usually this is no big deal. But today I just noticed that the results I'm getting are no longer actually "Newly Listed." The 1st item was listed 3 weeks ago, the next one 2 weeks ago, the next a week back, the next today, then 4 days ago, etc. Not in any date order at all. I tried refreshing the search, restarting eBay -- no change. So a search for Newly Listed is at the moment completely useless. Is it me or are other people seeing this? If the latter, anybody found a fix? (Cuz I LONG ago learned not to expect any fixes from eBay.)

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Yes, having the same problem. Just came here to see if anyone else was!  I've noticed it for about the last hour.  Closed everything down and tried again, same problem. So maybe need someone to look at this.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Same situation when trying to follow 'ending soonest' auctions. Random order, refreshing has no effect.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Yes, me too. Very frustrating. 

Andy G. 

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

all search across ebay looks to be only using "best match" no matter what you try to do.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

I see multiple complaints, but search still seems to be working for me. If eBay is making changes, they do not seem to have reached me yet. I have tried multiple browsers, clearing cookies and cache, and my searches continue to sort properly.

I am in the Northeast US, on a Windows 10 machine. My Android phone using the app seems to be sorting properly as well.

For those experiencing this problem, any difference if you try another browser or a private or incognito browser window, or temporarily disable add-ons like ad blockers?

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Same here.  I am also seeing tags for "Hot Auction",  on some listing, which I don't recall ever seeing before.  Is this an "upgrade" gone wrong?

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

It's working fine for me too.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

It appears to be a browser issue.  It doesn't work for me on FireFox (whether logged in or not) but works for me on Edge (whether logged in or not).  It also appears to work for me on Chrome (not logged in).

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

It doesn't work for me on FireFox (whether logged in or not) but works for me on Edge (whether logged in or not).

If you have a chance, it might be worth trying to see if you are able to sort correctly using a private Firefox browser window, or if it helps if you clear your cache or manually delete your eBay cookies in Firefox. Or if you disable any add-ons present in Firefox not also present in your Chrome or Edge browsers.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

I normally get sales every hour of the day, since this started I have had no sales or offers. Three hours of nothing on a Thursday does NOT happen.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

I'm using Chrome and the newly listed items are random not by date which really sucks.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

I just made a post about the exact same thing as I did not see your post first.     I just tried to individual searches and it's the same results whether I chose Newly Listed,  Ending Soonest,   Highest+Shipping first,  Best Match------  All searches show exact same results,  and I am guessing this has to do with ebay's heavy push of Promoted listings

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Actually it is happening on the ebay search also and it is not showing any "promoted" listings at all.

**edit** just checked actual Best Match and it is showing promoted there, my mistake.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

So, yes it does work for me on FireFox when I opened a private browser window.

When search doesn't work for me:
FireFox (logged in or logged out)

When search does work for me:
FireFox private browser (logged out)
Microsoft Edge (logged in or logged out)
Chrome (logged out)

Message 15 of 27
latest reply