cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Women's Clothing Item Specific: "SIZE CHART" -- what is supposed to be in this field??

Going thru each of my over 200 clothing items listed for sale, one by one, to fix all the incorrect Item Specifics caused by today's new eBay Listings Update.  WHAT DOES THE NEW FIELD, "Size Chart" MEAN? THERE'S NO DROP-DOWN MENU, SO, APPARENTLY, THE SELLER IS SUPPOSED TO TYPE SOMETHING SPECIFIC IN THIS FIELD.  Anyone have the answer???

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: New Women's Clothing Item Specific: "SIZE CHART" -- what is supposed to be in this fie

I feel your pain.  I just left it blank and it seems like eBay accepted the listing. .  I noticed there isn't a unisex category heading any more, and I've experienced a glitch with listing sizes.  I think for you see what happens if you leave it blank under size chart.  I'm not sure what they were thinking. 

In other words, again, eBay's programmers made a bunch of changes before the flaws were ironed out. 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Re: New Women's Clothing Item Specific: "SIZE CHART" -- what is supposed to be in this fie

@authenticcollectiblesla100 wrote:

Going thru each of my over 200 clothing items listed for sale, one by one, to fix all the incorrect Item Specifics caused by today's new eBay Listings Update.  WHAT DOES THE NEW FIELD, "Size Chart" MEAN? THERE'S NO DROP-DOWN MENU, SO, APPARENTLY, THE SELLER IS SUPPOSED TO TYPE SOMETHING SPECIFIC IN THIS FIELD.  Anyone have the answer???

I leave it blank.  I have not had any listings removed yet.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

No one knows yet. I just called eBay and even the reps have no idea. The rep told me to put "regular fit" in that box. I'm like Ma'am why would I put that if one of the options on the right hand of that item specific portion in the listing asks you if it's a regular fit, slim or whatever. So you mean to tell me both boxes are supposed to have the same info? Ummmm that makes no sense. Also, what if you have a multi-variation with different sizes in the same listing, what are you supposed to put in for size?? I put various sizes, is that searchable term? If not what would be the correct term/size to put in that box? Also, what about the department option? There is option for Unisex? If you add unisex will it be searchable? I mean so many questions, unanswered. Sure we can take the time and edit each listing, but if the proper terms are not put into those boxes, will your listing not appear in certain searches??? If anyone has had any of these questions answered please share. Thank you sellers and hopefully everyone can get their listings updated the correct way. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I am wondering if they are it like Poshmark and it will eventually be Petite, Plus, Maternity, Big and Tall..... and the sizes will be filtered by that instead of the 100s of size options now showing in the drop down menus. And that is the reason they needed to create a new size box in the specifics. They also seem to be combining mens and womens clothing then having departments (men, women, girls, boys). So you will need to pick dept, then size chart, then size. If done right, will be easier. It seems they are completely rebuilding and this is long from being over. I will be increasing my refreshing "sell similar" of listings for the next quarter to try and keep my listings clean.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Well if it is for woman's clothing most likely a male eBay vp decided it was needed as being a man the vp does not know anything about women's clothing lol. But deleting all item specifics when running your update that's becoming a classic for Ebay over the last few years but hey after having to get rid of the CEO who has made constant bad decisions over the last 2 years. They have rehired someone who left the company to bring back trust from buyers and sellers then drop the ball by not fully testing their update before sending it live. So as I said classic!!!!! 

It would just be stupid to fully explain what you are about to do so sellers could know what to anticipate. Then provide full discloser on when you are going to run the update so people can know when to expect issues and keep a eye on their listings. After all it is the sellers who's merchandise that brings in the customers that make the purchase that supports eBay through final value fee's. Which makes the users on eBay buying and selling items more partners than users. So you should be honest and upfront with them. just a terrible business culture brought to eBay by the last CEO from the fields of pharmaceuticals. While that may be good for manufactures selling a drug with horrific side effects not really good for retail platforms.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I hope to gawd this doesn't mean eBay plans to use standard size charts, because we all know a "standard size chart" is about as reliable as looking for unicorns in a city park.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

It's on men's clothing too.
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Fortunately it`s not in the Required Section..I left em blank.  

I have 100 more to edit and thankfully I`ll be done with this nitemare

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Again...
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Lucky you with only 100....I have over 2500!  How I am supposed to do all that?  I hope they fix it so I don't have to hire someone.  I can't possibly do that all alone....:(

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

👍🏼
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Appears rep gave random answer. If so, that rep needs more training. In my experience with "first level" reps, sometimes a rep just gives me a random answer that is clearly incorrect.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Interesting 411 re CEO -- had no idea!
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

🤣
Message 15 of 18
latest reply