cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Manage Orders screen is awful.....why??????

I don't really care about an order number but we use the sales record number in our order system and now we can no longer see it listed on the manager orders screen.  We can't just search the screen anymore for the record number to find something easily. There is no option to provide the columns you want to see.  Why was this necessary??????   Plus...if you click select all to add tracking the next screen gives you just a jumbled listing of all your pending orders.  I can't tell what order they are in but this screen used to show the record number too or at least be in order of day/time placed.  This is a huge mess and inconvenience.   Are they going to let us add some columns to this pages???  I want the record number back in my listings please.     This sucks. 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: New Manage Orders screen is awful.....why??????

Lets go ahead and add some more.

There is no option to add an item to inventory from the "all orders" page.

Since there is no column to know if you relisted from the "all orders" page, you have to relist manually. Once you do, your original orders disappear from the "all orders" page.

Even if it doesn't relist "duplicate listing error" , the original order disappears.

So if you click on an old order there is a good chance you will never see it again.

Just speculating....does anyone know if Ebay has been hacked from the inside ?

Just saying...

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

I emailed support. I refuse to call and actually wait on hold for them. We sell electronics, cameras  mostly. We are an actual chain of stores in the Socal area; because of this customers can easily call us, etc.

I had questioned the need to remove "search by email" option; which is the only 1 true unique identifier for ANY order.

Their response:

"When it comes to searching for a buyer's order, there are multiple ways to search for a buyer's order.  Searching by their name is one way, and recently we have begun issuing 'Order Numbers' for buyer's orders (see 05-03499-85407 as an example).  Even if the buyer's last name only has 2 letters, you should be able to still search for it."

I called them out on the **bleep**. I then provided an example from a recent order and asked them to locate an order with the last name of "So"...it pulled up 847 + results and then asked...how is this efficient?

No response back.

I'm pretty sure the developers knew there were issues. Unfortunately instead of properly testing, (beta) they rolled it out and will deal with the problems as they happen. It seems to be the new trend.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

On the phone again complaining.  Someone else upset told me they were able to opt out.  That there was an opt out in the upper right corner. I cannot find that.  😞   When does eBay have their town hall type message threads where an employee is present?   This is ridiculous.  

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Looks like they have a weekly chat with eBay. Anyone know when the next one is?   Maybe we can flood the Facebook pages with comments?  

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

It's so clunky. If you click on the new 12-digit record number on the Manage Orders page, it takes you to an order summary page that is non-operational except that it has a dropdown menu to get to the page you needed to go in the first place (you can bypass that summary page by clicking the down arrow in the first column so I don't know why this summary page even exists other than being an extra step in the process if you click on the order link).

There is no way to cross-reference our sales order number with this ebay record number. The sales record number is not shown on the orders page, and the ebay number is not shown on the invoice. How are we suppose to cross reference these numbers without having to write them down or copy/paste into a spreadsheet which defeats the purpose of efficiency.
This is not an improvement from the previous design, it's even further from streamline. More work for sellers! Yay!!

The only thing I found useful on the new page is that the order status is right there in the first column.
Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Wow...so mad about this.  It is taking me 5 steps now just to try to update tracking from the way we used to do it with searching for sales record number.  Now I have to open multiple screens, search for name, go back grab tracking, go back update.  We need to flood the complaint line or something and we need an option to revert back to the old way. The only thing I found that might help is to just archive all orders upon receipt and then they go into the normal format that we are used to seeing. 

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Also, I does not work.  I can not download the orders report,  I could at first but now it doesn't work at all.  Support reproduced the issue on their end but hasn't done anything about it in over a week.  

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

YEP - Pretty much everything about this new Orders page BLOWS!

Man Mad

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

I agree with everything said.  We used the record number to process orders...now you can't even find it unless you click on the sale.  The invoice doesn't match up to anything on the page so making sure the right item gets to the right customer is extremely time consuming.  I always hate change, but this is really awful.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

Glad I'm not the only small seller upset about these arbitrary changes!  I don't need 90 days as my default, with the new orders at the end, not the top where it's immediately visible on shipping day. I want to customize my view for MY needs - which is different from my monthly records requirements.  On the downloadable report, I would like to see the fees I've been assessed, and would love to see actual shipping costs paid (realize that might be a reach, but they're identified by item number in both ebay and PayPal databases).  I need pay date and zipcode on the orders page, and I need and use the sales record number!  Between this debacle and the FedEx shipping label screwup, I wonder who actually does programming at ebay, and seeks feedback before rollout - standard practice in most businesses.  We are not a happy seller community right now - pay attention, ebay!!

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

I keep thinking I am going into the wrong page. This new layout is killing my business. It is like SMP is not being used at all?

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

I will add another I ship over 100 orders a day and i have to refresh the screen at least 10 times after marking an item shipped before the items come back up I always get this stupid message:  

Uh-oh.

• We ran into a problem, but we're working on it. Please try later.

I could do 100 shipments a day with old system I am luck to do 25 now with the constant refreshing to get the dang thing to load the listings.  Does anyone have a solution for this? 

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

We were so excited when the feature to see which listings had been relisted came back earlier this week and then it disappeared again! We've rated the page as very dissatisfied multiple times and contacted support multiple times but have never gotten anywhere. How do we get this feedback to the people who can make this change?

Message 28 of 28
latest reply