cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Manage Orders screen is awful.....why??????

I don't really care about an order number but we use the sales record number in our order system and now we can no longer see it listed on the manager orders screen.  We can't just search the screen anymore for the record number to find something easily. There is no option to provide the columns you want to see.  Why was this necessary??????   Plus...if you click select all to add tracking the next screen gives you just a jumbled listing of all your pending orders.  I can't tell what order they are in but this screen used to show the record number too or at least be in order of day/time placed.  This is a huge mess and inconvenience.   Are they going to let us add some columns to this pages???  I want the record number back in my listings please.     This sucks. 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I completely agree with you. The new order screen is missing vital information. We need to be able to search by global orders waiting to ship and that has been removed. We manually have to type these orders into our system and there is no way to differentiate any of the orders without downloading an excel file. The customer email has also been removed as a search function. Sometimes we don't get tracking information until the day after it ships and now when you input the tracking information you can't put in a date. 

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Yes!  and.....today we can't figure out how to resend or adjust an invoice? Where they heck did that go?    So frustrating.  Have you found another thread or place where they are discussing this ridiculous change?   I sent a message on Facebook eBay for Business too.   Who comes up with these things? Do they even both to ask the customers how they are using certain features?   😞

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

I think you can see the sales record if you select all the orders awaiting shipment and then download them to an excel spreadsheet. It is a real pain.
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

No, I haven't found another thread yet. Yours is the first. I am hoping they can see our frustration and add some of the information back in.
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Yeah we don't really  mess with spreadsheets so this is all a pain for sure.  If we archive the orders then when we look at them we see the old format with the record numbers.   They just probably haven't messed with that screen yet. 

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

I have the same problem without the sales record - New format page really sucks - for what we pay in fees - we should be allowed to customize - the hilarious part is only the orders page looks like that, not the archived, kinda like when they changed all the shipping and only usps populates automatically, their new improved formatting is all half-assed and i been waiting a year for my store page to show "ON SALE" items - they only care about the first page appearance - not everyone uses a cell phone on ipad to run their business. so sad and very unhappy - ebay blows it again and we get to suffer

I NEED THE ZIP CODE COLUMN AND THEY EITHER NEED TO DISPLAY THE SALES RECORD NUMBER OR OUR COPYCAT ORDER NUMBER FORMAT FROM AMAZON NOT BOTH
Message 7 of 28
latest reply

They removed NOTES. This will cripple the way we do business. Very BAD idea eBay. What are you doing to us?

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

for small sellers they have made it very difficult.... the order screens have so many errors and restrictions to functionality that  we had last week it is unbelievable that they have people who did not know what they were doing.

Not one of the things that I have suggested over the last 10 years has been implemented! But they just increased my work load and quite literally hurt the buyer community at the same time.  Congratulations EBAY !  

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Not only have they removed NOTES - There is no place to put the cost of your item.  So now the REPORTING is completely useless.....

Arlene

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Not only have they removed NOTES - There is no place to put the cost of your item.  So now the REPORTING is completely useless.....

Arlene

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

You would think that they would test these things before they implement them.  THEY NEED TO FIX IT NOW !!!!

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

You can not enter notes to the buyer or for yourself.

Over payments of S&H can not be refunded.

Invoice number on invoice/packing slip do not match.

Hard to read, two much info badly laid out, poor presentation.

there is a note field for international orders, that is clumsy to use displays info I do not need, and takes two much space and is poorly designed as it stands out and draws you attention to nothing important.....

Sorts have been restricted from previous versions. 

do I need to continue.....

IT STINKS, I want the old screens back.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Why change things when they work well because someone who has just got promoted needs to make changes so they can justify their job so by the next quarter or so they can get promoted and a new person can come along and do the same. It would not be so bad if the person making the changes actually uses ebay to sell items at some point and if they were at least fixing the errors made by the last person. However if you look at ebays reps on linked in the most important job experience and education for ebay these days seams to be having blogged, used myspace ,or facebook for more than 5 years. Forget a formal education or at least experience in sales and marketing.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Don't even know where to start here.

There is no "send invoice" button anymore.  You have to click on the item, then click the "send invoice" button, then disregard the error page to get to the page to send an invoice.

Good job IT !

There is no column to see if we have relisted the item or not.

If you cancel an order, it completely disappears...not listed in "all orders".

Give those IT guys a bonus !

When you cancel an order, Ebay is supposed to relist automatically, they cheerfully state that when your cancellation is complete . It doesn't, and since it completely disappears no, you have to hope you have a message from the buyer somewhere that you can click on the item and then relist.

You can't use bulk relist. If you click select all, then un-click an item, it still relists it. Took a while to figure out why items were relisted that shouldn't have been.

You can't tell what is an EGSP sale in awaiting payment.

Randomly has ME (it is supposed to be Ebay collecting and remitting)  collecting sales tax on out of state sales.

And I'm sure everyone can add to this list.

So many words to describe Ebay software, so few that I can write in this column.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply