cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markdown Manager Sale is Over - My Items Are Still On Sale!

I ran a 2 day 50% off sale on everything in my store. It was supposed to end at 11:59PM on 10/16/15. The markdown manager shows the sale has ended, but my items are still all showing 50% off and there is no countdown to the sale ending like there normally is. 

I really don't want to have an infinite 50% off sale. Anyone else with this issue?

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: Markdown Manager Sale is Over - My Items Are Still On Sale!

Me either, just about had my fill of the ineptitude. Customer service is completely wasted, they don't have a clue at all. Just want to talk to someone who as a little more education about eBay selling.

I also had a customer complain that the invoice I sent with combined shipping woudn't work, and he had to pay individually anyway, the customer was smart enough to gift me the rest via paypal, rather than have me eat the 4 separate paypal transaction fees. One more thing to worry about though.

Been what, a week now, and no fix? eBay, you can now officially stick it up your... just sad treatment all the way around.

Just filled out a couple surveys for whether I would recommend eBay to friend, that's rich ain't it?  I don't wish this **bleep** on anyone, they rig the contact area up so you dread having to jump through all the B.S. just to get to the contact number and one time code.

Then I get to talk to someone who won't let you get a word in edge wise, and after I am left wondering why I bothered to call? Oh well, another day, another lousy experience on eBay.

Message 61 of 97
latest reply

I just spoke to an CS Supervisor and told him about the EBay Announcement regarding getting a refund for relisting fees if you choose to end & relist. He did some digging for me & opened a case. I now have a limited amount of time to end & relist all my affected listings and EBay covers the relisting fees above my remaining free store subscription listings.

This is far better than manually changing all the prices or waiting for items to relist over the next 30 days, because during that time, you cannot put them on any sort of sale since they are stuck in a perpetual sale status. This is especially helpful if you have a lot of affected listings. Good luck to all.
Message 62 of 97
latest reply

so these are two response i have recieved from ebay ~

"Hello Fred. We have responded to your post, but I'll make sure to reply here too just in case. Wer were made aware of an issue with the markdown manager that has been already resolved. Let us know if the error still persists. We'd love to help you. ~Mark P" Ebay FB message and then the next day ebay facebook reply to a post on their wal

l "eBay Hi Fred – Any listings that were affected by this issue should no longer be causing problems: http://ebay.to/1QXLBxc. If this isn’t the case on your account, we would love to have a look! Send a copy of this post to Facebook@eBay.com from your registered email address with details surrounding the items you are referring to. Once we receive the email, we will get back with you as soon as we are able. ~Allen"

and i so i emailed them yesterday as requested to no repsonse thus far. my items are still on sale. after their annouicemnet the issue was resolved and then two ebay employees tell me the issue has been resolved. i go and look at my listings. STILL ON SALE.

I SURE MISS EBAY CHAT!

Message 63 of 97
latest reply

It should also be their responsibilty to comminucate this alternate and simple solution to ALL of the people who are having problems while waiting indefinitely on them to come up with a solution! Glad I read your post. Thanks!

Message 64 of 97
latest reply

email reply this time ~

Thanks for reaching out to us! I've checked on my end and can confirm that this has been resolved on your account. I've looked over your entire store and didn't see any listings that were being effected. I'd suggest to clear out your cache and cookies if you're still seeing this issue. If you could also provide us an item number or the ones that are still on sale, we'll be happy to further investigate if needed.

It looks like Mark on Facebook has already provided you the updated link that has referenced this. I'd encourage to review it again if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Loni

so i signed out. cleared my internet cookies. signed in and my items are still on sale. third employee to tell this issue has been resolved and has not. i replied with a screen shot. waiting on a reply..... only the GTC listings that have relisted have gone off the sale.

Message 65 of 97
latest reply

I was told that the issue is resolved going forward, but not retroactively. And the only solution I got was to edit all listings - which was unacceptable to me. That's when I asked them to reimburse me for the relisting costs so that I can end & relist all of my affected listings. eBay told me that they have nothing they can do to "fix" the listings that are stuck on a perpetual MM Sale. Hope this helps.
Message 66 of 97
latest reply

ok, so i signed out, cleared cookies, signed it, went active listings page. page 6 and beyond still show on sale on the active listings pages; however if i click on the listing and open it up the item does not show to be on sale. so it appears they have canceled the sale, but the active listings pages are still reflecting the sale.

Message 67 of 97
latest reply

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but most of the people with this issue will have to manually adjust your pricing to kick the items off of the sale.  I finally bit the bullet today and bulk edited the pricing back to the original non-sale price as the prices that were showing in the editor were the sale prices....took me from about 7:00 am this morning to about 1:00 pm with a few breaks in between becuase I have around 950 listings.Smiley Sad  But low and behold by around 5:00pm my sales had already picked up..I've had around 6 already since 5:00 and it's only 7:51 EST.  So I guess the flood gates have been opened!  I also noticed that I can now view all my listings again in the app (well..at least the first 600..wish they'd improve the app for those of us with over 600 items) instead of getting that annoying flickering screen that I've been getting for the last few days when I would try to view an active or sold item.  I couldn't even view of accept best offers in the app becuase of it.  

With all that said..yeah it sucks that I had to waste half my day editing prices when I would rather have been listing more items for sale but there's no other site where you're going to get this kind of traffic selling generally used merchandise. Sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad and move on. Just glad to be back in business.Smiley Happy

Message 68 of 97
latest reply

I used this feature and the new promotion listings...not one sale.  If iI was getting sales from this, I would be a happy camper.  But zilch from the promoted/sales listings.  Makes me think the listings go in limbo somewhere not to be seen by the buyers.

Message 69 of 97
latest reply

Same problem.  We were forced to end our items for sale and relist therefore lost people watching our items.  We are very displeased with eBay.  They have offered very little to no help.  We spent 3 hrs on the phone with them to no avail.  We were told we would be notified when it was working again.  We have not heard anything.  Our sales are dropping as our marketing strategy is based on sales.   Sale promotions do not work because they are very hard to find and do not draw the buyer in because the buyers has no idea that the item is on sale until they scroll down into the listing, if they even look.  We too lost money due to markdown manager sales that did not end when they should have.  Does anyone know if it is working yet?

Message 70 of 97
latest reply

Because markdown mananger is malfunctioning, we hope they realize they are loosing money and customers on both ends from sellers and buyers.

Message 71 of 97
latest reply

It is working now, we had about 60 listings that were hung but ebay fixed the price in the listings,,

We had a leftover problem that they were still showing sale price in selling manager on our end,,

changing prices by a penny on all of them fixed that problem

So we ran another sale over the weekend and it ran as it was supposed to.

They claim they will refund all fees associated with any item that sold on extended sale.

We sell about 20 items each day so by the end of the month the statement gets pretty long, not worth my time to see if they actually did refund any of them.

My MAIN ISSUE WITH EBAY IS,,,

For the $1300 they take in fees from me each month I SHOULD have a different customer support other than the "Need help logging in?" support,,

They NEVER understand ANY problem I have since I know more about ebat than they do,,

I need someone that knows more than ME

Message 72 of 97
latest reply

Looks like they fixed your store. how do I get help I have over 700 items on sale?
Thanks
Don
Coins & Books by Helen
Message 73 of 97
latest reply

ebay solution for me: I had to go into over 1100 items each, and manually change them back to the original price.....since bulk editor didnt work. at least I had a great rep who was frank and honest with what I needed to do. trust me, before that I tried everything with four different reps. took me about 12 hours, sure I may have missed a couple.

Message 74 of 97
latest reply

Nov 4th and still an issue. Ended a sale early yesterday and took several times to get it done, but they did end. Today I ended early a bunch, but they still are on sale on eBay. Now I will have to wait until the official end of my sale before I can re-list from Vendio because they'll end in the sale price and I have to wait until the sale ends before I can refresh the prices.  I know this has been an issue since the beginning of October. Ridiculous! Continous problems with Markdown Manager for a couple of years now.

Message 75 of 97
latest reply