cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing 1000 free listings because of new mandatory item specifics

I have two accounts which I sell mostly sports cards, today I was going to relist all the unsold listings when I pressed list it says there is a problem with the listing, ebay is now requiring 6 mandatory item specific to be included in the listing, which are 1 Card manufacturer which sometimes is unknown, 2 player which sometime has more than one player on card, 3 team which sometimes isn't related to a specific team, 4 sport which sometimes is more than one sport depicted on the card, 5 grade which is usually obvious in tile and 6 original/reprint when reprints aren't supposed to be allowed in this category, which by the way only pertains to people ebay allows to list reprints. Called an ebay rep,was told they would relay my complaint to the higher ups, we'll see how that works, in the meantime my 1000 free listings will expire tonight as it would take me forever to update the amount of listings I was going to list. Was also told if I let my listings go past the 30 days and let ebay automatically list them those specifics won't be updated when they are relisted, guess to much work for ebay.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Losing 1000 free listings because of new mandatory item specifics

Do not know if this pertains to your situation, but are you aware of this?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/FRIDAY-OCT-18-UPDATE-Technical-issues-reported-in-Seller...

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I saw that before I spoke with the rep and he told me that was for the clothing category, just got off the phone with a different rep and she didn't even know about that announcement, as mentioned in my post the required specifics are useless for an example when I list a set, what is the player, team that I'm suppose to enter as all teams and players are in it 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I was trying to do the bulk relisting and one of my items is a 1970 superbowl PIN. Ebay wouldn't let me do it because they wanted to know the manufacturer of the "card". Item is listed in category of NFL pin.  So I had to do 30 listings one by one.  Thanks ebay.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

e new specifics are ridiculous.  I list clothing so I had to deal with that whole fiasco.  Also the specifics are useless.  For instance I list mens jeans.  It wants me to list the department of mens when the category is Mens/Jeans.  It also wants me to specify they are jeans but the ridiculous part is that the options are boyfriend jeans/mom jeans /capris all of which are women jeans but my category I am listing in is Mens/Jeans so why is one of the options also chinos.  On and on they have drop down menus with no pertinent information I mean how exacting do you need to be in clothing.  Categories they added to just jeans are as followed not counting the large amount they already had:Occasion,Rise,Closure,Type,Model,Front type, Vintage,Accents,Belt style,Product line, Character,Character family,Distressed,Fabric,Fits height,graphic print,hem style, leg style,Fabric wash,Garment care,hand made,Hip circumference,Listing unit, Manufacturer color,number of pieces,made to measure,Pocket type,personalized,season,suspenders/belt loops,thigh width,waist circumference,trim material,year of manufacture. If I were to fill out each of those for the 6-800 items I list every month it would add what 100 hours at to my listings.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@axiombody wrote:

e new specifics are ridiculous.  I list clothing so I had to deal with that whole fiasco.  Also the specifics are useless.  For instance I list mens jeans.  It wants me to list the department of mens when the category is Mens/Jeans.  It also wants me to specify they are jeans but the ridiculous part is that the options are boyfriend jeans/mom jeans /capris all of which are women jeans but my category I am listing in is Mens/Jeans so why is one of the options also chinos.  On and on they have drop down menus with no pertinent information I mean how exacting do you need to be in clothing.  Categories they added to just jeans are as followed not counting the large amount they already had:Occasion,Rise,Closure,Type,Model,Front type, Vintage,Accents,Belt style,Product line, Character,Character family,Distressed,Fabric,Fits height,graphic print,hem style, leg style,Fabric wash,Garment care,hand made,Hip circumference,Listing unit, Manufacturer color,number of pieces,made to measure,Pocket type,personalized,season,suspenders/belt loops,thigh width,waist circumference,trim material,year of manufacture. If I were to fill out each of those for the 6-800 items I list every month it would add what 100 hours at to my listings.

Are all of these required (marked with the red asterisk)? I have some items I was considering listing, but no way if I have to go through all of that! That's just insane!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I also list clothing and instead of adding to the specification of items, ebay has eliminated categories that differentiate boys clothing from girls clothing. I believe that ebay is trying to eliminate multiple variation listings. Unfortunately they appear to have affected sellers in areas other than clothing.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Having the same issue(s) in the sports cards category.  Because of "Item Specifics" unable to relist auction items .  Fixed price GTC listings are automatically being relisted though. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

the original format of description / details that eBay had worked!

When they announced the issue of details needing to being filled in, my thought was that many sellers do not fill out those blocks for buyers to see. This way the buyer has all details needed (hopefully) without asking for details or just moving on shopping.

The new format has some requested duplication information. I do not know who is doing the programming and testing, but they need to go flip burgers. All eBay needed to do was enforce the fields to filled as "much as possible". Not jack it up for those who did their work when listing to have to do it again! Money save for eBay! Now they are scrambling to fix at what cost? The sellers!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

forgot to note that when I have relisted a few things today, it said they needed fixed before listing. This falls into the mess they created. I go above and beyond on details and description and now I have to do it again for unsold items.

I have a life and other responsibilities! I shouldn't have to keep reworking my listing.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)
Hi everyone! Join us here at 3 pm PT today where we will be joined by Ron from the Structured Data team to give us an update on the ongoing Seller Hub and Item Specifics issue. Ron will let us know the current status as well as address your questions. Please know that because this is a developing situation we may not have exact answers but it’s important we get your input and update you with all necessary information.
Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply