cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings showing as International Seller I do not sell international on Ebay.com

I have my items listed on ebay.com. When I search for a specific item number or a specific item description  if shows  items found from eBay international sellers. I do not ship international.  This is not happening only for one item. There are 100's.

Note: This problem come started about 3-4 days ago. Previously, my listing was worked perfectly.

I have found it depends on what server or program you get logged into when you sign on. The reason it is intermition is because sometimes you get good program (does not show international) sometimes bad ( you get the international problem). WHICH MEANS THIS IS ALSO HAPPENING TO OUR BUYERS AND THEY DO NOT KNOW IT. No wonder our sales are dropping. When you get the international problem. Sign off close window. Open new window sign in and sometimes you get the good program sometimes you have to repeat this process 3 or 4 times to get the good one.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Listings showing as International Seller I do not sell international on Ebay.com

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000253 EndHTML:000002239 StartFragment:000001989 EndFragment:000002207 StartSelection:000001989 EndSelection:000002203 SourceURL:http://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/technicalissues-db/message-id/29186

This issue seems to be resolved now.   I haven't been able to replicate it for the past few days.

I haven't yet found any statement about it from eBay.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

(Sorry that message looks so awful. It's caused by the Lithium forum software for the Community that eBay pays for. )

This issue has cleared up for the past few days.
Message 18 of 31
latest reply

@stoneledge wrote:

This is a bug in the SEARCH function.    Search results for items incorrectly sometimes group some US items from US sellers as being from International Sellers.  This bug has existed for more than a week now. 

There is nothing you can do to fix it in your listings. 

Specifically, when the buyer (or you) search for an item, there is a setting for "Item Location" on the left side of the browser.  If that is set to Default (which is undefined) then some of the SEARCH RESULTS are incorrectly grouped as being International.  

If you set the Item Location in Search to anything other than Default (go ahead, set it to US, North America, or Worldwide) the SEARCH RESULTS then are correct.  The same items, from the same sellers, now come up as being US items, not International.  

Please see MANY reports of this in the SELLER Discussion on The Community.  

This bug has returned Oct 28 after 2 months.

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

yup, its back

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 20 of 31
latest reply

I am having this same problem. Is there no fix for this issue?
Message 21 of 31
latest reply

It's important to note, @Anonymous doug@ebay, that we've been referring to this Search Bug issue as being focused on US listings showing up as "from International Sellers," but there are other symptoms.  Sometimes US listings are not showing up in search and not being grouped at the bottom with International Sellers.   

The key factors are:  which ebay account you are using to search from and the setting for Item Location.   The Default setting for Item Location often makes some listings disappear (or get grouped with International).   Switching from Default to US, N. America, or Worldwide will make more items show up.  And the behavior is different, depending upon which eBay account you're using to search from.

So it's a broader issue than just the "international sellers" symptom.  

I currently see several of my items just disappearing with the Default Item Location setting when searching from certain accounts.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Thanks @stoneledge, I'll work with Trinton to see if we can get an update.

Hope you are recovering ok from the storms in your area.

@stoneledge wrote:

It's important to note, @Anonymous doug@ebay, that we've been referring to this Search Bug issue as being focused on US listings showing up as "from International Sellers," but there are other symptoms.  Sometimes US listings are not showing up in search and not being grouped at the bottom with International Sellers.   

The key factors are:  which ebay account you are using to search from and the setting for Item Location.   The Default setting for Item Location often makes some listings disappear (or get grouped with International).   Switching from Default to US, N. America, or Worldwide will make more items show up.  And the behavior is different, depending upon which eBay account you're using to search from.

I currently see several of my items just disappearing with the Default Item Location setting when searching from certain accounts.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

I looked into this and was told that the eBay tech teams are working on a fix. It does not happen for every member or every item and it is unlikely to cause an impact to a seller’s sales.

@stoneledge wrote:

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

doug@ebay wrote:

I looked into this and was told that the eBay tech teams are working on a fix. It does not happen for every member or every item and it is unlikely to cause an impact to a seller’s sales.

@stoneledge wrote:

As for the timing, please see the older posts that show ample documentation of this bug from August if not earlier ... and it persists into November.

doug@ebay Either you don't understand this issue or I don't understand you.   The second sentence of this response is not helpful and gives me concern.  

We all know it doesn't happen for every member or every item.  That is not informative.  We all said that. It's a throwaway line that has no meaning.   Why do you say that?  How does that response help us to believe that you understand or someone at eBay is trying to help seriously?

"It is unlikely to cause an impact to a seller's sales."   Is nonsensical.  If items are not showing up in search results or US items are being grouped way at the bottom of search results with "From International Sellers" then of course the search bug will impact sales.   

If a buyer cannot see a listing in search results, the buyer will not buy the item.

I have certainly witnessed some of my best-selling listings either disappear or pushed down to "international" and sales stopped dead when this happened.  

Either you don't understand the issue (I can explain it) or I don't understand you.   

@Anonymous

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

@stoneledge, wasn't meaning to be vague. I went to CS for guidance and that's the guidance I was given.

I think the important thing to focus on is that eBay tech teams are aware of the issue and working on a fix.

@stoneledge wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

@stoneledge wrote:

As for the timing, please see the older posts that show ample documentation of this bug from August if not earlier ... and it persists into November.

doug@ebay Either you don't understand this issue or I don't understand you.   The second sentence of this response is not helpful and gives me concern.  

We all know it doesn't happen for every member or every item.  That is not informative.  We all said that. It's a throwaway line that has no meaning.   Why do you say that?  How does that response help us to believe that you understand or someone at eBay is trying to help seriously?

"It is unlikely to cause an impact to a seller's sales."   Is nonsensical.  If items are not showing up in search results or US items are being grouped way at the bottom of search results with "From International Sellers" then of course the search bug will impact sales.   

If a buyer cannot see a listing in search results, the buyer will not buy the item.

I have certainly witnessed some of my best-selling listings either disappear or pushed down to "international" and sales stopped dead when this happened.  

Either you don't understand the issue (I can explain it) or I don't understand you.   

@Anonymous

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

If "CS" gave you guidance that this does not affect sales, either they don't understand or they are trying to get rid of you.  They also had you say that it doesn't affect everyone.  And you repeated what they said.  That didn't build our confidence.

I'll accept that your previous reply was hurried (also dismissive).   This issue is real and it's in month 4 at least.

It "comes and goes" apparently.     So I doubt that tech teams have found the cause.    For affected users, the bug can disappear (or go unnoticed) for a few weeks.   So no one posts here.     Someone needs to keep the focus on this because they sure haven't tackled it since August, at least.   

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

When is ebay going to acknowledge this problem.  My sales are down 35% due to all these ebay glitches

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 28 of 31
latest reply

It is now mid-November, Christmas shopping is on.  My listngs are showing up as International Seller on my husbands computer.  How can I sell if my listings are not shown??  Please e-bay fix this.  I'm an ex computer programmer.  This shouldn't be rocket science!!  Any updates??

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Hi,

I have the same problem on Ebay.ca

I'll add that this problem seems to be Browser-specific.

My items show in search results as they should (not in the international seller section) on basically all Apple devices :

- Safari for Ipad / Iphone

- Ebay mobile App for Ipad / Iphone

- Chrome for Ipad / Iphone

But they literally hidden (in international sellection section) in : 

- Firefox for PC desktop

- Chrome for PC desktop

- Opera for PC desktop

- Edge for PC desktop

Strangely enough, items appear correctly in Internet Explorer as well (not very useful, as it is phasing out...)

Unfortunately for me (and other sellers having the same issue), FF and Chrome for desktop are still the most widely used Browsers.

mypaperstuff

Message 30 of 31
latest reply