cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings missing required or recommended item specifics 5th time

So I really just don't know what to do here, over and over I keep filling out item specifics just to have ebay send me this message again and again as they disappear. So is ebay going to remove my listings cause they can't get this tech issue fixed? I can't just keep spending time doing the same thing over and over again it's just totally ridiculous. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

All of my listings have this warning as well. Since the listing requirement change, my sales have dropped 65%

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@animal-house-8 

Question 1:  When you go to your Seller Hub overview, does it say in the Tasks Box that you have Required item specifics missing?  Or just recommended?    You only need to fix the Required ones.  I keep getting the same message too, that says "required or recommended" specifics are missing, but when I check my listings, they all have the required ones.  You can ignore it if it's just the recommended ones.  It's optional.

Question 2:  If I'm understanding correctly, your post indicates that when you enter the specific it disappears and is not saving your work, and you have to keep redoing it.  That's a separate problem.  I've noticed that happening if I fail to look carefully at what I enter for a specific - any specific - to be sure it shows.  If I exit the screen without confirming that, what I think I entered is sometimes not there when I look next time.  For example, I sell books, so if I need to enter an author that's not on eBay's list and I type it in, unless I hit my space bar it doesn't stay there.  Sometimes I have to do it multiple times.  I have to actually look at the list to be sure it's on there before I save the form.  It's crazy and has been driving everyone nuts, but it's the only thing I can recommend regarding disappearing entries.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It's the required ones that disappear and I know all about entering specifics as you mentioned learned that awhile ago. Seems this whole item specific thing is a big joke I listed a lamp and it had 74 items for me to read and fill out, like you said fill out required forget the rest.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have the exact same issue with constantly adding the information and I keep getting the same message after updating the listing. This problem started in this past year when the listing requirement started.  Does anyone have a solution or program fix?  Thanks. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@animal-house-8 

@lavista03 

Here are a couple suggestions.  This is the link to the Item Specifics Data Team - maybe they can help.  I know they will at least reply because I've tried it:   sdsupport@ebay.com 

And here is the link for the eBay for Business FB page where you can send a private message for help with your specific account issues.  In my experience, they are great.  https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

As of now I got them all squared away, will see what happens.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply