cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing "End Date" off by 1 Day

Whenever I list an item, say today 02/10/2024, the item would post with an end date of 03/10/2024.  However, this morning all that changed (around 7am Central), the listings are showing an end date of 03/09/2024.  So, when I list an item today, and click on "Active" listings sorting by End Date, it does not show up as the latest item, rather an item I have to search for in the previous days listings.

What gives?!?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I think you're missing the fact that February only has 29 days. So seeing listings end on March 9th instead of 10th  makes perfect sense to me. 

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Not missing any facts about calendar dates.  Your insight would make sense if my listings for the first 10 days of February were consistently N-1, but this issue just started this morning (as noted) around 7am.  All of my listings that I posted from the 1st thru the 9th of February ended on the 1st thru the 9th of March, except for today, when my Feb 10 listings are now ending of March 9.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

This is a non issue because Fixed price listings renew every 30 days they don't just  end unless you end them. 

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

True statement.  "Fixed price listings renew every 30 days..."

True statement.  "...they don't just end unless you end them."

This is NOT my problem. 

I have about 40-100 fixed price listings that renew every day for the past umpteen (imaginary large number) years.  And EVERY time, those listings renew and end on the SAME DATE the following month (e.g renew on January 6th end on February 6th, renew on February 6th end on March 6th, renew on March 6th end on April 6th, etc, etc).  

I did manually end some listings today and "sold similar".   I also created new listings today (and every day this month).  However, the end date for today's items should be March 10th, not March 9th.

Something has changed starting today at around 7am Central.  It's an issue for me.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

I can confirm I'm seeing the same issue @closetqueen2014 . I was able to replicate it on multiple accounts, had a friend check and they also provided a screenshot.

Hey devon@ebay . This issue is happening with listings created Feb 10, 2024. System shows listings created today will end a day earlier than expected on March 9, 2024.

My initial thought was to attribute it to the leap year, however when checking listings created between Jan 29 - Feb 9 I am not seeing the same 1 day early end date which makes me think Leap Day is not the issue.

enddate-error-2024feb10.png

This screenshot shows how listings created on the 10th in other months/years reflect an end date of the 10th, but listings created Feb 10 2024 reflect an end date of the 9th.

enddate-error-2024feb10.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

This is a non issue because Fixed price listings renew every 30 days they don't just  end unless you end them. 

Technically it's the same calendar date each month, not every 30 days. Created 10th, renews 10th.

"End date" is equivalent to renewal date for GTC when looking at the end date column in seller hub.

It does appear to be a legit tech error as demonstrated in my screenshots above. The renewal date / end date is off by a day, starting with listings created Feb 10.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Thanks for the validation!

I just listed a new item and noticed it will end (Time Left column) in 28 days vs. the standard 30 days (see below).

Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 06-50-35 Manage active listings - eBay Seller Hub.png

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

There's an added element today @closetqueen2014 . Are you seeing the same?

Yesterday's new listings are showing:

Start Feb 10, 2024 2:00 pm, end Mar 9, 2024 2:00 pm

Today's new listings are showing:

Start Feb 11, 2024 2:00 pm, end Mar 10, 2024 3:00pm

Yesterday was a 1 day discrepancy. Today is a 1 day minus 1 hour discrepancy.

Edit: It occurs to me March 10 is daylight savings, so that probably accounts for the extra 1 hr - Spring forward the clocks / Fall back the clocks. It does not explain the minus 1 day though.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Another seller affected:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-listings-starting-at-27-days-23-hours-59-minutes/m-p/34288...

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

FYI devon@ebay : this issue is still occurring with new listings.

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Technically it's the same calendar date each month, not every 30 days. Created 10th, renews 10th.

"End date" is equivalent to renewal date for GTC when looking at the end date column in seller hub.

It does appear to be a legit tech error as demonstrated in my screenshots above. The renewal date / end date is off by a day, starting with listings created Feb 10.

Just to add on to this, here's what eBay says about when Good Til Canceled listings renew and how they handle months with more or less days than others:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/selecting-listing-duration?id=... 

Good ’Til Canceled Listings

When you list an item as Good ’Til Canceled, it will relist every month on the same day until it’s sold. For example, if you list your item on the 1st of May, it will relist on the 1st of June. 

If you list your item on the 29th, 30th, or 31st of a month, the duration will be adjusted if the following month is shorter, but will revert to the original day for longer months. For example, if you list an item on the 31st of May, it will relist on the 30th of June, and then again on the 31st of August and so on.

The February being a short month/leap year thing should only come into play for listings that expire toward the end of the month - for example a listing originally created on January 31st should relist on February 29th (this year) and then relist again on March 31, then again on April 30 etc. according to that help and policy page.

So yeah, there is definitely something not quite right going on here for sure.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

End dates are still off today @valueaddedresource by a day and an hour.

The day issue started the 10th which is why I don't think it's a Leap Day thing. If it was attributable to Leap Day, one would assume listings created Jan 29 - Feb 9 would also be impacted.

The hour off I think can be attributed to Daylight Savings because that issue started on the 11th on listings with an erroneous 'end date' of Mar 10, and Mar 10 is when clocks change.

None of these issues are impacting GTC renewals - it's exclusive to new listings.

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

FYI devon@ebay : this issue is still occurring with new listings.

Hey @wastingtime101! Let me follow up on this with the team that I reported to and see if there are any updates to share.  

Devon,
eBay
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Hi devon@ebay - were you able to get any info? The error persists. More sellers reporting here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Listing-glitch/m-p/34307507#M2360277

@dimaggioandbradshaw @ckantiquescollectables 

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 31
latest reply