cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing not ending after purchase

Hello. I sold an item on buy it now, but the computer did not end the item as it should. I happened to catch it hours later and ended it myself. Is this common with the buy it now Good Until Cancelled? Is there another way to do buy it now besides Good Until Cancelled if that is the case? I only saw one choice when I listed last night. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Listing not ending after purchase

Thank you SO much! I've been gone along time with regard to selling, and everything is new again at ebay! 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The "Good until canceled" duration is now the only way to set up a fixed price listing.

It sounds like you might have set up the "Out of stock" option.  This keeps a listing active even when the quantity reaches zero. While the listing has zero available, it is visible only to the seller; it isn't shown in search results and  nobody is able to purchase the item.   It's a handy feature for sellers of multiple items that periodically go out of stock.  When they get the item in stock again, they adjust the quantity, and the listing keeps its nice growing "Sold" total.  

The "Out of stock" option doesn't make sense, though, for sellers of one-off items.  You can un-check it in your Site Preferences.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you SO much! I've been gone along time with regard to selling, and everything is new again at ebay! 🙂
Message 3 of 3
latest reply