cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Auto-saved Feedback on different browsers

I recently started to use a 2nd browser from time to time for eBay ... but what I noticed is that my Auto-saved Feedback is only present on the browser I used prior to the 2nd one.  On the 2nd browser NONE of my Auto-saved FB is showing when I go to leave FB for Buyers while the label is printing out, sure it starts to remember it NOW but that makes no sense since I was under the impression Auto-saved FB would be part of my account profile on eBay servers ... not in local cache on a browser ... or am I missing something?1?

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It's part of your browser settings for auto-fill forms, etc. It's not stored on eBay.

You can store FB on eBay here, but I know which FB page you use (this one) and stored FB can't be accessed through that specific page. You'll have to rely on your browser settings.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

It's part of your browser settings for auto-fill forms, etc. It's not stored on eBay.

You can store FB on eBay here, but I know which FB page you use (this one) and stored FB can't be accessed through that specific page. You'll have to rely on your browser settings.

Excellent!  Genuis that you linked all this!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I like the stored FB option and the automatic FB settings @katzrul15.

You can set up the system to automatically leave FB when the buyer pays (which is the setting that I use) or when the buyer pays and leaves positive FB for you.

Even if you don't use automatic FB, the stored FB settings can drastically cut time. Go to your Orders page and sort by orders awaiting FB. Select orders in bulk, click the leave FB button at the top, then submit. The system will randomly apply your stored comments to all the orders you selected in one bulk move. @mr_lincoln might find something like that to be more time efficient than using the other FB page linked above.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I like the stored FB option and the automatic FB settings @katzrul15.

You can set up the system to automatically leave FB when the buyer pays (which is the setting that I use) or when the buyer pays and leaves positive FB for you.

Even if you don't use automatic FB, the stored FB settings can drastically cut time. Go to your Orders page and sort by orders awaiting FB. Select orders in bulk, click the leave FB button at the top, then submit. The system will randomly apply your stored comments to all the orders you selected in one bulk move. @mr_lincoln might find something like that to be more time efficient than using the other FB page linked above.

Thanks for that @wastingtime101  ... in FireFox when I print a label I simply click the Leave FB link and type one letter in the field and ALL FB I have stored starting with THAT  letter pops up and I select one (top pic below for FireFox, I type "T" and all FB starting with T pops up) ... by then the label is finished printing and I am ready to do the next one.  I have been using Edge as a 2nd browser to check features and functionality on eBay pages.    When I first started doing that with printing labels there was NO stored FB so I had to type in the FB.  So in Edge it will pop up ONLY FB I type in Edge and none of my FireFox FB is there.  What you see int he 2nd pic below is what I have typed in myself and the entire list comes up.

Screenshot (3463).png

Regards,
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yep, I get it. As I said earlier, it's pulling in those FB comments based on your browser settings to auto-fill forms. It's not an eBay setting. So if you clear your browser settings those FB comments will go away and you'll have to start over.

Stored FB on eBay cannot be accessed through the Leave Feedback page - only through the Orders page or through automated settings.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Yep, I get it. As I said earlier, it's pulling in those FB comments based on your browser settings to auto-fill forms. It's not an eBay setting. So if you clear your browser settings those FB comments will go away and you'll have to start over.

Stored FB on eBay cannot be accessed through the Leave Feedback page - only through the Orders page or through automated settings.

@wastingtime101   Thank you again, I will check that out because while I do clear cache, cookies, etc. I don't remember if I clear forms ... another experiment.

I started using Edge to troubleshoot why the label size % does NOT work in FireFox with recent label flow updates ... I used to be able to change the label size but now I can't ... I won't get off on that one here as it is a little off topic ...

Regards,
Message 7 of 7
latest reply