cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items not showing up in search

I sell toy cars and there are many cars that do not show up in the search when searching in Toys & Hobbies. Cadillac, Buick, Chrysler, and Riviera, amongst others. eBays faulty search feature denies buyers from seeing my and other sellers' items, thus costing me money. I pay fees and have a store so buyers can see my items and if they cannot find my items using a basic search then.... It is not only "my" issue because it affects all eBay sellers that sell the same items as I do. I am currently considering searching for class action attorneys that are interested. I called eBay today and the call conveniently got disconnected.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I too have this issue with ebay. I started checking on this when I realized that almost all of my sales were from promoted listings. I quickly realized that my stuff routinely was not showing in basic searches. I called them about it last year and walked the Customer Service rep through examples of how my items were not showing up in basic searches. They quickly agreed that the basic search was not working properly and promised they would get the tech folks to fix it. They did not, it still goes on today. My lower priced items don't show while higher priced ones from others do. I do sell lots of promoted items. I firmly believe this is a conscious decision by ebay to not show some of the results, because it lines their pocket with extra bucks when I have to pay to promote the listings to sell them. Like you, I think it will take a class action law suit to get them to fix the problem and do what's right. They owe millions to sellers who have been screwed over and charged extra promotion fees due to their search policies, not even realizing their stuff is not showing up in basic searches.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The more users use the "feedback" link on the search results page to alert page developers to search issues, the more likely eBay is to prioritize fixing this issue.

See some discussion of this issue here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/What-the-hell-is-Ebay-doing-with-SEARCH/m-p/33581849/highlight/...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Certain keywords which are dates at the beginning of my titles don't show up in my store search or eBay search, called 2 times and every 4 days another date doesn't show up in store search.  It just keeps getting worse. Had some zuni items listed and the word zuni wouldn't show up in search. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I agree. As mostly a buyer the search engine is very poor, I can find things on my own but takes a lot of time. dissapointing for buyers and sellers.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Other vehicle names no longer come up if searching the name only. Camino, Mercury, Cougar, Cyclone, AMC, and Rebel. More to be named as they come up.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply