cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this legit??? ebay.com/signin/s

Hello Community,  Just wondering if ebay.com/signin/s is legit??  Tried to login using my password. Nope...oops no match....then ask for password and verification via numbers...then it works...odd...happened to me twice this week.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@cunningham 

That is the most recent version of the eBay sign in page. Some folks have had problems with it. For some users it fails on the first or second try, but works on the next attempt.

Here is an older version that seems to work more consistently:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

If the old one works better for you, it might be worth bookmarking.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@cunningham wrote:

Hello Community,  Just wondering if ebay.com/signin/s is legit??  Tried to login using my password. Nope...oops no match....then ask for password and verification via numbers...then it works...odd...happened to me twice this week.

The page will let you enter your password and hit submit before the entire page has downloaded.  When you hit submit before the entire page is loaded eBay responds with the "not a match" error.  Just give it a few extra seconds to make sure it's fully downloaded before hitting submit.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The new sign in sucks. After many attempts with a *good* password and multiple texts of new passwords, it finally worked...until I needed to login again to leave feedback, then it failed. The old link worked like a charm. What good is new security when legitimate users can't login? Ebay, please don't waste my time...
Message 4 of 4
latest reply