cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make My eBay link open Seller Hub overview - working solution.

Ever since seller hub was released, my My eBay link took me to the Seller Hub overview. One day last month, while moving the cursor across one of the "Make this your My eBay homepage" links, my touch pad decided to click it and ruin my day. I spent hours trying to find a way to change it back, but there is none. There used to be a work around when you could opt out of Seller Hub, but that is no longer an option. I tried just bookmarking Seller Hub, but I still click the My eBay link all the time and end up on some pointless summary page. After a couple weeks it suddenly occurred to me that a Chrome extension could probably be created to change the link when the page was loaded. I'd never made any extensions before, but I've written a lot of my own software over the years, so I figured I could do it. Surprisingly, it was very easy and I had it working within an hour. It just uses a bit of JavaScript to find the My eBay link, and replace it with a link to Seller Hub. I decided to share it because I know I'm not the only one frustrated by this, and it doesn't appear that eBay ever intends to fix it. The link below will take you to the Chrome web store where you can install it for free. Enjoy.

Note: Only works for main ebay.com site.

My eBay Opens Seller Hub - Chrome Extension 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How to make My eBay link open Seller Hub overview - working solution.

I updated the extension and it now works on all international eBay sites except the China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan sites. I couldn't access those sites, so I couldn't code for them.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Finally working for all eBay sites, and versions for Chrome, Edge, and FireFox.

Chrome
FireFox
Edge (v77 and later only)

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

articulated_art
Adventurer

Having the exact same issue.  I'm not sure why eBay wouldn't make 'seller hub' a selection for homepage... you know... for SELLERS!!!  F$!$!$!$!$!$#@$!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

this was a good work around until yesterday, any idea how to get this working again? I thought it was just due to some updates I finally got around to on my laptop but seems desktop too won't apply the extension

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

eBay changed something on the page. I updated it so it will work again last night. It takes a couple days for browser extension updates to be approved. Once my update is approved, your browser will install the update and it will work again.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The update has been approved already. Your browser should automatically update. If not, then go to extensions in settings and see if there's an option to update.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you. I just spent a few minutes on the ol' Google and determined that I can not make "Seller Hub" the homepage on eBay and I very grateful that this extension has corrected the 1 click error I made earlier. Thanks once again from Canada using ebay.ca!

-Ben

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Awesome! thank you for this... 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

You're welcome.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Astonishing that ebay would put a ribbon to change the landing page to some other page and not have one on each page. I used to have seller hub as my landing page until I saw that cursed ribbon and clicked it wondering "what does this do?" !!!!!!!!!   It grants misery, and its irrevocable.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@mikeyd1270 wrote:

Astonishing that ebay would put a ribbon to change the landing page to some other page and not have one on each page. I used to have seller hub as my landing page until I saw that cursed ribbon and clicked it wondering "what does this do?" !!!!!!!!!   It grants misery, and its irrevocable.

Perhaps not my first choice of words, but we'll just go with astonishing. Yeah, that describes many of the things eBay does.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply