cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i disable 2 factor authentication

Two factor authentication has made Ebay clunky and unpleasant to use.

2fa adds very little in the way of security as SIM card hacks are well established. 

So as i have never had my Ebay acount hacked or disturbed in 20 years i want to disable 2fa.

How do i do it?

My only other option is to go to another platform - which i don't want to do!

Please help

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: How can i disable 2 factor authentication

No it doesn't. Not for everyone. I am having this issue right now. It does not save a device when your SP rotates the IP for security. My page for 2 factor gives me the option to update my contact info or change from text to ebay app or vice versa for 2 factor authentication but does not offer an option to just turn it off.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

It seems to be related to the spendable funds option. Once you opt in to that, you are forced to have 2FA and you cannot cancel the 2fa once enrolled. They need a lot of loud people contacting their support so they feel the pain and allow us to turn this off.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Indeed. Most are programmed to call you a wacko for your opinion though. It's hard to break a habit that is ingrained in people on a daily and hourly basis.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply