cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitch with Sell Something Similar

Within the past two week, I have used the Sell Something Similar feature with two listings. I changed the format from Buy It Now to Auction, changed he price, and also changed the shipping weight and dimensions. Because this is an auction, I always set my prices lower than market value expecting bids. 

I was alarmed when quickly after listing the items were purchased as Buy It Now at the value I set (which was supposed to be the auction price). Additionally, I have been out of pocket for additional shipping weight because it somehow defaulted to the similar item’s weight and dimensions. I’ve eaten the costs both times. Just a warning to others, be weary of this feature. Has anyone else had this issue?

listings referenced:

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Glitch with Sell Something Similar

Anonymous
Not applicable

@antebellumannes wrote:

Within the past two week, I have used the Sell Something Similar feature with two listings. I changed the format from Buy It Now to Auction, changed he price, and also changed the shipping weight and dimensions. Because this is an auction, I always set my prices lower than market value expecting bids. 

I was alarmed when quickly after listing the items were purchased as Buy It Now at the value I set (which was supposed to be the auction price). Additionally, I have been out of pocket for additional shipping weight because it somehow defaulted to the similar item’s weight and dimensions. I’ve eaten the costs both times. Just a warning to others, be weary of this feature. Has anyone else had this issue?

listings referenced:

Hi @antebellumannesthank you for sharing details here. I've passed along the examples I've received from our Community to our tech teams for review. We will work towards getting to the bottom of what may be going on and I will update you if we need anything else in our investigation.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply