cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay lowering prices on new listings !!!

I caught it twice today.

Once on a totally new listing, and once on a relist (sell as similar)

Listed a new pair of dockers shorts for $21.95 and EBAY changed the price to $12.95.

When I would tried to revise the listing, it would keep going back to $12.95.

I figured I'd give the new listing some time, kept checking using another browser, and when the new listing finally showed as active in search results, sure enough it was $12.95.  At this point I was able to revise to correct price but if I had not noticed this it would have stayed listed at $12.95

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes (and sigh), yet another glitch of eBays never ending parade.  I just did a sell similar and it came up with the old price.  I tried redoing it twice and the preview was the old price.  I got frustrated and put it in draft and the NEW price came up and I was able to list it correctly from the draft.  Round about way of listing but it can be done.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This is not good

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@playsoccerlivelonger    Did you use Sell Similar to create the listing?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

One of the error itemss was for an unsold item that I was "relisting" using "sell similar.

The other was a new item, but I did use "sell similar" as a way of having a template.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@playsoccerlivelonger  Sounds like the issue may be with Sell Similar ... when I first started to Sell I used it once and the listing was so messed up I deleted it and never used it again.  @Anonymous 's post sites an issue with Sell Simialr too ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@playsoccerlivelonger wrote:

I caught it twice today.

Once on a totally new listing, and once on a relist (sell as similar)

Listed a new pair of dockers shorts for $21.95 and EBAY changed the price to $12.95.

When I would tried to revise the listing, it would keep going back to $12.95.

I figured I'd give the new listing some time, kept checking using another browser, and when the new listing finally showed as active in search results, sure enough it was $12.95.  At this point I was able to revise to correct price but if I had not noticed this it would have stayed listed at $12.95

Hi @playsoccerlivelongerthank you for sharing details here. I've passed along the examples I've received from our Community to our tech teams for review. We will work towards getting to the bottom of what may be going on and I will update you if we need anything else in our investigation.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply