cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - Buyer got Pay Now message from eBay for a paid item

I got a message from a buyer who paid for item number 185924974790 on 7/13/2023.  It was mailed using eBay Standard Envelope, tracking # ESUS153093312, which shows a July 17 delivery date.  Yesterday, 7/26/2023, the buyer got a Pay Now message from eBay and messaged me, asking "Is there a way you can tell eBay this is wrong?"  As a result, I am reporting this erroneous Pay Now message here to let eBay know about the glitch.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Could have been a plishing attempt

If in her regular email.......forward to  spoof@ebay.com.

If in her ebay mail account........use the report a message function.....

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Posting here is good to alert others of the situation and they can tag on if they're having the same issue. But to actually get this to where a ticket is filed with eBay's tech team, you or the buyer generally have to contact CS directly.

You can use chat (type agent in box) or callback on this page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

Or you can send a DM through social (askebay on twitter, ebayforbusiness on facebook).

But if you think this is a one-off glitch (which does happen) and aren't worried about filing a tech ticket, just want to put the issue out there to say you fulfilled the buyer's request, then I get it. 😉

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Could have been a plishing attempt

If in her regular email.......forward to  spoof@ebay.com.

If in her ebay mail account........use the report a message function.....

It was in her eBay mail.  Where does one find the report a message function?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

I followed your advice and went to online chat.  The AI bot was an absolute disaster.  I said this was about a paid for item, gave date paid, and that eBay sent a Pay Now message at a later date.  The AI bot wanted to know which item, so I typed the item number (2 of which had sold and been paid for).  The AI bot then asked me to chose which was the UNPAID item I was referring to.  There was no option to enter text to explain both items were paid for.  I ended the chat and asked for an agent to call me.  I was told the callback wait was 2 minutes.  Much later, I'm still waiting for a callback.  eBay support is such a waste of time...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This could also possibly be a delayed message that was sent to the buyer on the day they made the purchase and it just now came through. 

I got a message the other day from a buyer and the message never showed up in my ebay messages. I just got the email saying I had a message but it wasn't there (this wasn't a phishing email as it is someone I had been conversing with in ebay messaging). I had to use a previous message to respond.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

@wastingtime101 

I followed your advice and went to online chat.  The AI bot was an absolute disaster.

You were forced to go through all the bot prompts even after typing 'agent' in the chat box as suggested? Interesting, first time I've heard that @somanypostcards .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

No, first try I decided to chat with the AI bot.  When that resulted in a totally unacceptable chat, I elected to have a rep call me.  It turned out my phone ring tone was turned off (volume at 0) so I didn't hear the call.  Finally I did exactly what you said, went to the bot prompt and typed agent.  After a 6 minute wait, I spoke with a human who, after investigating, said she would report this glitch.  If this happens to anyone else, the Ref. number is 1-466117346011.  She also told me to tell my buyer not to worry as the item was marked as paid.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply