cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay not letting me have any zero insertion auctions

I'm not sure if there's a change or if anyone else is having this issue, but I was going to set up an auction for an item in my store, and as I scrolled down to start the listing, I saw that I was going to be charged $0.25 as an insertion fee to start the auction, and another $0.05 to offer BIN. I'm under my limit for total items listed (by a lot) and I have 0 other auctions going (I haven't had an auction in months, actually). Is ebay not offering zero insertion auctions anymore? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay not letting me have any zero insertion auctions

No it not a recent change that I know of. I started selling again a year ago. l was getting free auctions insertions , got a store no more freebies except in certain categories. I sell audiobooks my subscription is Basic so I get 10,000 free fixed price listings in Books and Magazines. I pay fee if I do auctions unless I sell in fashion or Collectables. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You have a store so free insertion fee auction listing are for certain categories Collectables and Fashion. You’ll find that info in your Seller Hub under promotional offers. Otherwise auction listings will be 0.30 cents or less depending on your subscription. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Auction fees breakdown by subscription 2DB3A055-5C96-4635-887B-0FCC323C6DBB.jpeg

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@thrashmetalbassist 

What level of store do you have?

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I have a Basic. I was getting zero insertion auctions before I had a store, though that was mostly last year, which is why I was thinking there may have been a change somewhere that I didn't pick up on. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@ebooksdiva Is this a recent change? I've tried in DVDs and video games, where I saw the fees. Last year I ran numerous auctions in video games with no fees, before I had a store. Or is it that stores pay a fee on auctions and storeless sellers don't?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

No it not a recent change that I know of. I started selling again a year ago. l was getting free auctions insertions , got a store no more freebies except in certain categories. I sell audiobooks my subscription is Basic so I get 10,000 free fixed price listings in Books and Magazines. I pay fee if I do auctions unless I sell in fashion or Collectables. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thanks, good to know it's not just me I guess. Weird and a little backwards though that once you start paying a monthly fee, you actually lose access to something. I guess that's Ebay for you.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You’re welcome best of luck to you ! 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

30 minutes on the phone with EBay for the same problem, and they hang up on me without any answer.

I do insert the auction items on "Select Categories" !!! and still after 100 they are trying to put insertion fee on me.  This is not Kosher . If they advertise 250 items free they MUST be FREE.  It`s another $37.5 on top of the subscription and all the fees that they already charging us. Can any body make any sense out of it?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply