cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay marking items as delivered that are not based on USPS scan wording

HI! Ebay is marking items delivered that are not based upon the USPS computer wording in their scan when I dropped a pre-paid item off at the post office. The USPS scan said "delivered" to post office. And so Ebay then says the item was delivered to the client. I've had one upset client already. The tracking does continue showing the item is in progress but...Does this happen all the time now if you drop a prepaid item off at the USPS to be scanned? I just restarted selling here.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay marking items as delivered that are not based on USPS scan wording

On occasion a postal worker will mis-scan a package as delivered instead of accepted. It is not the norm.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

On occasion a postal worker will mis-scan a package as delivered instead of accepted. It is not the norm.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you! I guess I better ask what setting they have their scanner on before they scan it! 🙂
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

ya it happened to me on this recent buy. crossing my fingers it gets delivered today although it went from sparks (where i live) to reno for some reason : /. the only annoying part is any service attached to the package is useless. can't informed delivery because my tracking info with usps stops at anaheim. none of this scanning after that is noted on usps website tracking. so i cant give delivery instructions if i wanted and so on.Untitled.png

Message 4 of 4
latest reply