cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay error might cost us our Top-Rated Status

Ebay lists 7 of our items as "Uploaded on time but no carrier scan"

We checked several of these and they were uploaded and scanned on time and in full compliance with our 1-day handing time. One of these items was shipped LESS THAN 2 HOURS after payment!

An 8th item is listed as "Not uploaded at all" even though WE USE EBAY LABELS and this was also scanned on time.

Customer support is reporting this as an issue but they are unable to remove these obvious ebay mistakes. Instead we have to wait until we lose our top-rated status before they can do anything.

If we lose our top-rated status it could take days to get it back. All because ebay's own system isn’t working right.

1) Please fix the problem with incorrectly listing our items not being uploaded on time

2) Please set it up so customer service can delete obvious ebay errors like this.

3) Please find a way to delete these 8 items from our list

This is completely unfair.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Ebay error might cost us our Top-Rated Status

@transamcc
I have to challenge your idea that if a seller can sell on Saturday, they should ship on Saturday. That is incorrect.
Sellers are human beings. We take days off sometimes, even when we have an eBay store that doesn't close on weekends. Ebay is not always just a hobby, this is a job for some of us. Am I supposed to close my store and my disable my listings if I take a Saturday off because a buyer cannot wait until the next business day to get their "shipped" notification? that is absurd. This is why we have to specify a handling time. It is the responsibility of the buyer to be aware of that handling time when choosing to purchase from that seller. But to expect the seller to ship an item on a non-business day is asking a BIT too much. I sure hope you don't dole out negatives if you don't receive your shipping notification the same day you make a purchase.
Message 31 of 41
latest reply

No I only dole out negatives when applicable (rarely). Shipping is rated 4 or less when delivery exceeds a calendar week from my immediate payment, regardless of day of week purchased. Each aspect of the transaction is carefully weighed and rated. But in all honesty, selling days are business days. Had I gone to the store and purchased, I would drive home and use my item within a very short time . If I waited 3 days to pay you, you would complain to ebay about non-payment. Immediate pay deserves your best effort to fulfill the order.
Message 32 of 41
latest reply

It's so ridiculos!   I have one that said it was reported by the buyer as being late,  the buyer hasn't left feedback and that is the only way it can be marked as such.  Reported it to ebay and nothing was done.  Customer Service just doesn't care!

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

I haven't been receiving feedback either. Very disturbing.
Message 34 of 41
latest reply

I have an incident like this on my account. I combined shipping for 2 items. The tracking number only showed up on 1 item and I have gotten a "demerit" because of it.
Message 35 of 41
latest reply

This has bitten me too. While you can mark an item "shipped" yourself, and enter the tracking number (from the other item), if it's late, it counts against you twice.

One buyer, one incident of "disappointment", but two (or more) black marks. Makes no sense.
Message 36 of 41
latest reply

I did not read all the posts, but I read some where people were saying that sellers were cheating by printing shipping over the weekend when common sense tells you that the package will go nowhere until Monday. I wanted to present a different perspective. 

I am a seller who also has another job. I will prepare weekend sales for shipping during the weekend because I will not have time on Monday morning. Since I use eBay shipping the buyer will receive shipping info when I buy the shipping from eBay. I cannot help that. 

I am not trying to cheat anyone. I am just trying to package everything so that I can drop the shipments off on Monday morning.

My preparing shipments over the weekend insures that my customers get their items as quickly as possible.  I haven't lied to anyone by saying that I shipped an item - eBay does that. I simply bought shipping with the intention of actually mailing the item a day or so later.  

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

Selling days are not business days on the internet. We do not control what constitutes business days. We simply cannot ship on Saturdays and Sundays, because the carriers are not open. So Selling days are most definitely not the same thing as business days. When you have a store (on eBay), and you have thousands of listings, you leave those listings available to purchase so you can ship on the next business day (or WHATEVER handling time you assign to the item). You are expecting too much if you expect immediate shipment all the time. Sometimes that's just not possible, no matter how much YOU think it should be that way.
Message 38 of 41
latest reply

Did you upload the tracking information to the item that did not receive an automatic tracking number when you created the label? You have to keep an eye on that.
Message 39 of 41
latest reply

mickster1992
It seems those who think sellers are "cheating" by pre-printing labels, simply have no clue, and they're all too demanding. They really do not know what goes into selling and shipping on eBay. Those clueless individuals think it just appears out of nowhere and is magically shipped, but when there's a problem, then they suddenly know there's a human factor (the seller) in the mix.
Message 40 of 41
latest reply

Thank you so much for the excwllent advice. I am sorry that I only just discovered it.

Never too late though!!

I will bookmark your reply!

Your are a great asset to these forums 🙂

Message 41 of 41
latest reply