cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Technical Issues 28/02/2021 Who Couldn't place bids?

Lets show eBay they can't just brush this under the carpet. Who else had issues like this? Who couldn't bid on items they wanted?

After last nights issues where people could not bid properly on my items, meaning I have lost out on a lot of money. I requested a call back from eBay, was transferred to someone else as the first person had no idea that there were any issues at all????!!! last night.

The second person I spoke to then argued with me that there was no other issue other than the sold items going into the unsold area. I explained that on their forum there were buyers complaining that they could not bid on items. I know that my items couldn't get bid on because a couple of the items I had on auction were 375 gold, of which holds its value so after selling on eBay for years I know what gold sells for and it sold way under value even though I had over 13 watchers on it. I also had a job lot of 925 silver I had 32 watchers on it.  Within the last few minutes, of each auction where the action happens... Nothing!!  The person I was speaking to, kept talking over me and then hung up on me after I asked to be put on hold to wait to speak to the manager. 

Lets show eBay they can't just brush this under the carpet. Who else had issues like this? Who couldn't bid on items they wanted?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ebay Technical Issues 28/02/2021 Who Couldn't place bids?

es, eBay's system had gremlins running it for some hours yesterday.  Another post said that they talked to eBay's CS and that they were told that they could cancel the auctions if they wanted to.  Sometimes CS reps get it wrong though so I am not sure if you would want to take that chance and have some very angry buyers.

Unfortunately, that is the risk that we as sellers take AND as sniping buyers take as well.  Other things can go wrong at the last moment...your modem can go wiggy...power outage at your home.

I am a sniper so I do take that chance myself and believe me, I have lost some good ones because of my tactics.  Most of the time my plan works great and then...there are those times...

This was one of those times.

@borisbitsandbobs 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi

I too had major issues last night. Again had items with a high number of watchers but then items sold for the initial bids which had been on there for days. I have ‘regular’ buyers who buy from me week in week out. Almost all

of these bid at the last few minutes an auction. I had a number of messages to

advise me that potential buyers could not bid on my items due to system freezing on them and even one saying that an item totally disappeared from their watch list Approx 10 minutes before the end of the auction. Bear in mind these are only the ones that took their time to contact me, what about those who didn’t?!!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hi holiday06 

Thanks for the reply, sorry to hear you have had the same problem, even though eBay deny that this was a problem at all. Have you had any resolution from eBay? 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Nope, I’ve just spent 20 mins on the phone to them whereby they referred me to their t&c which stated no compensation etc in the event of technical issues. And no payment in gesture of goodwill either.

To add to it, I’ve had 2 winning buyers message me cancelling their items as they received notifications last night advising that they had missed out so they purchased elsewhere. Again EBay weren’t interested. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

eBay need to check themselves. Their 'technical issue' has cost sellers hundreds of pounds and buyers to loose out. Without us all, they would have a real technical issue then. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

So this morning I wake up I sold an item to a bidder  and it does not show as sold it shows is unsold.  after dealing with three separate issues of manage payments not going in my bank account I mean how much can we take here?  The blazer I sold shows as unsold and now there’s a banner saying that they know there are technical issues I mean what is it going to take for them to get their act together? This is absolutely insane

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It is ridiculous. You could have had more people wanting to bid on your blazer that couldn't as well. 

eBay's communication is very poor and their customer service team, well, it is like talking to a brick wall. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply