cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Homepage Problem

Trying to create some listing for Ebay but keep getting a message saying that the Ebay homepage is down and will be back in a few minutes.  When it comes back on and the item is ready to be listed it won't accept it and says the homepage is down?  Anyone else with this problem?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ebay Homepage Problem

I hardly ever go to the home page, but there's been a few post from other members that have had problems with it being down.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ebay Homepage Problem

Every day for the past few days, the entire site goes down for a while around mid-afternoon (US time). Guessing it's a server issue on their end. The entire site must be spaghetti code by this point, so I guess it's not surprising, but it's really aggravating when you're trying to list something. I wasted a couple hours just waiting for pages and images to load a few days ago. Sigh....this site is so broken.

EDIT: I switched my VPN to a different network, and the homepage works now. However, whenever I go to list an item, then navigate to the homepage from there, it says that the servers are down. VPN seems to totally break it, or possibly something else? Frustrating either way.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Ebay Homepage Problem

Every day for the past few days, the entire site goes down

That has not been my experience, nor is there any indication of that happening in the last twenty-four hours according to downdetector:

https://downdetector.com/status/ebay/

While that does not totally rule out a problem with a particular eBay server, you should at least consider the possibility that the problems you are encountering are occurring closer to your end; possibly a local network issue, or a specific problem with a particular page, feature, or link you are using. What are you doing when you experience that outage? Listing? Searching? Something account-specific?

If you experience another outage, try using a different link to reach eBay's main page or the site map to see if eBay is actually still up.

https://pages.ebay.com/sitemap.html

If that does not work, try a different browser to rule out a browser issue.

Try a different device to rule out a device issue.

Try a different network to rule out a network issue -- such as using the eBay app while not connected to your usual WiFi.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ebay Homepage Problem

I am having the same issue. I have it from time to time but the last week has been the absolute worst. I have played around with all the usual fixes including 2 different internet networks and 3 browsers...with VPN on and off. Makes no difference. I have narrowed it down to the "item description" field being the issue. Anytime I edit that field it will not let me list or save for later and gives the orange parka boy message. all the other fields are fine to edit. This makes zero sense but I am at the end of my patience with it. This usually goes away in a day or two but not this time. It has to be something with ebay vs the Google updates I believe. Every time my computer updates Google I have this issue.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Ebay Homepage Problem

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I did find out that if I start a listing on my laptop and then go edit the "item description" on my phone app and save it....it works fine. Then I can go back to my laptop and list it. this really makes no sense. It is sporadic and sometimes it goes through and sometimes it freezes. If anyone has found a solution (like in the "settings" in your browser) let us know. The ebay reps are of no use for this issue....talked to several and they have no clue.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply