cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail notifications for saved searches have stopped coming

Hello.....A couple weeks ago, at the account of a family member of mine who shares my computer suddently stopped receiving e-mail notifications for all of his saved searches on eBay.  Then a few or several days later, the exact same thing happened to my own account!  It's quite disastrous for both of us.  We've each tried to go to our saved searches page on eBay to try to "refresh" or re-submit our saved searches, but very unfortunately to no avail.  So what, if anything whatsoever, could we try to do about it now?  PLEASE HELP,  any attempts to help will be tremendously appreciated...thank you.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: E-mail notifications for saved searches have stopped coming

Saved search notifications still not working, they came back for a week or two about a month ago and disappeared again. Have called customer service at least 5 times over that past year with no real answer. As both a buyer and a seller this is so frustrating!

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

Same here, does not work. I was searching through listings as one does found MULTIPLE items that should've triggered notifications for my saved searches. I have received nothing.

This is quite frustrating, and like others have said, head scratching as this feature undoubtedly generates quite a bit of income. Well, enough to get it fixed in a prompt manner anyway. 

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

Same here. Haven't been getting emails for months. Anyone ever find a fix for it?

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Just called customer service again - they say they are aware there is a technical problem on their end but have no estimated timeline for fixing. This has been going on for YEARS. Such a waste of time and income. #ebayfail

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

Saved search emails still not working.
Message 20 of 46
latest reply

Same here, they came back for a couple of days last week and stopped again. STILL not working.

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

Same here.  Mine stopped several months ago.  COME ON EBAY!!!!.  I am in IT and we would NEVER allow this kind of pi** poor support!.  Totally inexcusable.

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

Well, they've stopped again. Haven't received mine for 3 days now...

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

So weird. My Saved Searches finally re-appeared over the last 2 days, after a year of disappearance and at least 6 calls to eBay customer service over the past few months. Not holding my breath that it lasts...

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

The last week all my saved search email notifications stopped, both on the ebay account I use for business and my personal  ebay account. I guess I'll just buy less on eBay since they don't seem to have a handle on the issue. This is still happening...hoping ebay monitors this page

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

I have done that but nothing changes.

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

eBay has admitted there is a problem with the saved searches.  There is no tweaking we as users can do to alter this.  Anyone from eBay who suggests the problem is at our end (their "default" reaction to most everything) is either uninformed or lying...

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

I agree with the eBay default response,  I will contact them for an update.

Anybody got the customer services current phone number?

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

I am having the same problem, and before it stopped working I got several emails with searches that I have stopped a long time ago.....what tech or programming thing can be so hard about this.??

They still have the option up to save searches. If it is not possible to get emails now, I think they should take the option to save searches down until they fix it!!

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

This is what i got back from them:

"we are aware that a member should receive an e-mail from their saved searches. The reason why you did not receive an e-mail from your saved searches it’s because we have a site issue that members are not receiving any saved search e-mails with the bug ticket number BUGTK47048336, that started October 16.

The approximate fix date is 90 days since it was reported by our technical team so that would be January 14, 2019. I reported your account and filed the report as one of the member’s that are affected. What you can do is check your account and messages for some updates. We apologize about the site problem and we are working on it to resolve as soon as possible."

I guess their tech ppl isn't to sharp if it takes 3 months to fix something like this.
Message 30 of 46
latest reply