cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail notifications for saved searches have stopped coming

Hello.....A couple weeks ago, at the account of a family member of mine who shares my computer suddently stopped receiving e-mail notifications for all of his saved searches on eBay.  Then a few or several days later, the exact same thing happened to my own account!  It's quite disastrous for both of us.  We've each tried to go to our saved searches page on eBay to try to "refresh" or re-submit our saved searches, but very unfortunately to no avail.  So what, if anything whatsoever, could we try to do about it now?  PLEASE HELP,  any attempts to help will be tremendously appreciated...thank you.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: E-mail notifications for saved searches have stopped coming

I can't help but will note my emails have stopped too. I used to get them in the middle of the night. Then over the last month, they started coming in at 9 AM (EDT) and now they have stopped.

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

Try changing your settings. Unsubscribe from e-mail updates then re-subscribe.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

I'm having the same issue.

Customer support made me check the "General email promotions" option in Promotions and Surveys sections of my notifications preferences.

I'll see if that works....but that doesn't make any sense to me.

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

I'm having the same issue.  Some e-mails come in, others don't.  I usually get quite a few every day.  Today it was a very short list.  Hope this gets resolved soon.

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

I've been having this problem as well. I get a few of the emails and much later in the day than I had previously. Before, they would all come in the middle of the night, now less than half of them come in mid-afternoon.

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

I'm having the same problem, as others here.  I haven't received any saved searches emails from eBay since June 17.  What gives?

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

I made a support call today and apparently they are aware of the problem and it will be fixed on July 6.

I don't know if this is bull**bleep** or not but that's what I've been told.

They also told me to clear my cache and cookies...... So take this with a grain of salt. 

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

Thanks for that information.  It's SO hard to connect with anyone and get answers at eBay!  About a week or so ago I didn't get my saved search emails, then I got them, then a got just a few then they stopped all together.  I will not even think of listing anything on eBay until this is resolved!  I noticed they have tweaked something in the edit portion of the saved searches (specifically where one might add sellers they want to block).  I have found that in the past when they start monkeying around with the searches often it causes unintended bad consequences.  I think this is one of those times...

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

Thanks very much for telling us that.  But July 6th?!  They can't get it fixed anytime before then, esp. with all the time that has passed already?!  I don't know if we can wait that long, and don't know what to do until then.

We've already tried what you suggested, which was to check the "General E-mail Promotions" option in "Promotions & Surveys" section of communication/notification preferences, but to no avail.  We also tried re-clicking on the "Save" button for our saved searches under "Buyer" in communication/notification preferences, but that hasn't helped at all either, very unfortunately.

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

Thanks for that suggestion, which we generally understand, but we weren't sure exactly how to "unsubscribe" & then "re-subscribe" in our settings/preferences on eBay, so we tried re-clicking on the "Save" button for our saved searches under "Buyer" in communication/notification preferences, but that hasn't helped at all, very unfortunately.  If you could please give us more specific instructions on exactly how to unsubscribe & then re-subscribe in our settings/preferences, it'll be very appreciated...thanks again.

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

This topic is funny, because 3-4 weeks ago I started receiving notifications from subscriptions that I turned OFF a couple years ago.  What's the deal?   

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

It appears that the issue/problem has finally been resolved, as the e-mails from eBay have started coming back, and I'm rather happy that we esp. didn't have to wait until July 6th.  Has anybody else discovered likewise, or is anybody still having problems?

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

Well, it seems that I posted my last/latest message somewhat prematurely, as I actually hadn't been getting e-mail notifications for ALL of my saved searches back, but now, on July 6th, it finally seems that I'm now getting e-mails for all of my saved searches again...THANK GOD!

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

My email notifications stopped coming sometime mid-December, and even though I called customer service three times about it over several months, that's the way it stayed until about mid-June, when all of a sudden I had notifications one day.  Then they stopped coming again on July 6th (three days ago), I presume due to the fix they put in that day not being functional for all eBayers' saved searches.  I just called customer service again and the rep said many buyers are having the same problem. 

You would think eBay would be concerned about the loss of sales associated with email notifications for saved searches not being generated. (I wonder if eBayers who only sell, and do not buy, are even aware that this happens.) The fact that I did not receive emails for SIX MONTHS is an indication that it was not that important to them.  After weeks of waiting the last time, it became (and will become again this time) unimportant to me.

As a "top 10" internet company in the U.S., eBay should be more proactive and reactive about not leaving sellers and buyers with negative feelings due to eBay's software development team causing processes to malfunction.  So incredibly short-sighted!  

Message 15 of 46
latest reply