cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting items from watchlist on summary page

This demon has risen from the dead  again this morning 3/28/2022. Cannot delete watch list items either from the blue link on the item (just a whirling ball when I click confirm) nor from the item checkbox and delete box at the top of watchlist. Cannot delete declined offers from the checkbox on the offer, nothing happens when clicking the delete button. Cannot delete declined offers fron the bids/offers page either. I has no effect there. No message notifications are occurring on my summary page, the alert bell has not worked since Nov 2021 and as of the latest update Ebay did , the summary pages are wider than a 19 inch video screen and must be zoomed smaller to 80% to fit the screen of a desktop. Windows pc Firefox browser. I have not changed but Ebay obvisously has.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Deleting items from watchlist on summary page

Ebay must have hired a real programmer!!!!!  Today, nearly a month later, I have changed NOTHING and that expired offer on my summary page is erased. I can delete items from my watch list once more, and the summary page once again fits on a single width of a 19 inch monitor. Tell me that stuff about cache, cookies, and browser revisions again! I even received a message notification this morning for the first  time since that  ebay improvement last month.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What version of Firefox?

Do you have the same problems if you use another browser? If not, try clearing your Firefox cache and possibly eBay cookies.

My Summary page seems to be looking and working as expected in Firefox 98.0.2 (64-bit). No issues with the size of the page or when deleting items or offers.

If you have any pending updates, try restarting your computer; sometimes that can help.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ebay must have hired a real programmer!!!!!  Today, nearly a month later, I have changed NOTHING and that expired offer on my summary page is erased. I can delete items from my watch list once more, and the summary page once again fits on a single width of a 19 inch monitor. Tell me that stuff about cache, cookies, and browser revisions again! I even received a message notification this morning for the first  time since that  ebay improvement last month.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This is back again with the newest buyer summary page!!!! Page too wide for a 21 inch monitor. Cannot delete items from watchlist at all. Cannot delete items not won from bid offers not won page . DO NOT  tell me to try cache and cookies and another browser! I am through troubleshooting Ebay's programming failures.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There was originally a problem with some older versions of Firefox not displaying the watch list correctly due to the category row list at the top not wrapping correctly. At least I thought the problem was limited to certain older versions of Firefox or Waterfox, as I ran into the problem only with certain browsers before I took care of the issue for myself using an ad blocker and have largely ignored it since then.

If you are encountering this problem with a newer browser version, you might want to use an ad blocker to eliminate the offending category row (if that is indeed what is causing the issue for you).

See here for an ad blocking rule you should be able to use to suppress the category row:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/deleting-categories-on-my-watchlist/m-p/32861334

Message 5 of 5
latest reply