cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers emailing me that can't place bids on my items.

This is my first post but I seem to be having a real problem. Two customers in two days have emailed me to tell me they can't bid on my items. Yesterday the customer was really **bleep** and told me so in 3 different emails. I don't have blocks on my items, never have. By the end of yesterday he was able to bid but then today I have received another email from a different customer saying he can't bid on a different item. Both customers are in the US so no shipping problems.

I am a relatively new seller and and doing my best to photograph, describe and price my items so they get exposure and I get sales but if customers can't even bid then it's all for not.

I am asking for help from tech support and/or the community to reslove this issue. Ebay has become my livelihood since I am an in-home caregiver for my mother-in-law. Getting the most out my items is incredibly important.  I hope eventhough it's a holiday weekend this issue can be resolved quickly.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Customers emailing me that can't place bids on my items.

Make sure your paypal and ebay accounts are linked.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/link-paypal.html

If they are then unlink clear your browser history completely  and then relink.

On this page if your accounts are linked it will say linked.   If they are linked and you need to resest then click the unlink. 

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPayPalAccounts&ssPageName=STRK:ME:MAPPX...

Hopefully these steps will help.  

These steps usually help for people having trouble paying.

Also another work around for people having trouble bidding is to go the ebay.ca site and bid on your items from there.     There has been a glitch in bidding that ebay is working on.  Please PM me if the problem continues so I can pass along the message.  

I am a community help volunteer and not an E bay employee.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the tip. I was averaging $500 a month through May 2017 in sales and it came to a grinding halt.  After reading your post, I relinked my PayPal with eBay even though my product page said it was the preferred payment method.   We'll see if that helps.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

But you really should block bad buyers... the guy who was upset because he couldn't pay, he will be a problem for you.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I am a customer and for two days  have not been able to purchace from Japan and UK. I live in the US. Not sure if I could purchase from US or not. Sad but items may be available on other sites. I had thought about selling again on ebay but due to continuing ussues I decided to sell on other reputable web sites.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have had the same problem. EBay says they are having problems with the mobile app since removing active content.

have your buyers open eBay in their browser or use a desktop or laptop . The problem only occurs on some phones mobile app.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi Denicgardne-0

I tried for two days to place a bid on an item. Click. Nothing happened. Click-click-click-click. 

I'm in the US with a laptop. Seller was in the US. 

Emailed her. She was young, didn't get it. Item was an auction, ninety-nine cent auction and worth about $60. Watched it closely.

Two days to go, 11 watchers and no one could bid.

Finally, I had to tell her that if she didn't call ebay and get this fixed, it might turn on in the last few minutes and her item would sell for $1.03.

(I want a deal as much as the rest of you but not at the cost of my soul.)

She took her listings down. Thanked me. Don't know where she went.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply