cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color showing in photos in listings

Hello- is anyone else having issues with the colors showing in the photos that are not  the colors on my computer photos? All of any degree of yellow is showing in the listings as green. The camera shows the correct color and the computer shows the correct color but the listing shows a completely different color. I have noticed other sellers items that have this same issue. Is there some type of discussion on this? This is a recent happening, probably within the last 2 weeks. Is eBay working on the software AGAIN!!! Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Over the ten years I have sold on ebay using the same Canon digital underwater camera once in a while there are color discrepancies.  Sometimes my background color sheet or in the early days my background linen napkins would throw off the color of the product.  When I tried another background color with more contract to what I am listing  the true color of the product come out in the photos.  Sometimes I can get the color to match better by using the contrast or depth setting in the photo controls.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

"The camera shows the correct color and the computer shows the correct color but the listing shows a completely different color."

You mean when you look at the listing on a phone the color is different?   It will be, the pixels are squeezed together changing the composition.  It usually isn't noticeable but to lessen the effect always shoot with plenty of natural and artificial light and avoid wearing bright colors that reflect into the flash.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi, thx for the replies. We use a white background color for most photos and they are taken with a digital camera. The color is correct when the picture is taken and when transferred to the computer. I have noticed that other sellers have the same problem. Please look at the Tupperware egg carriers for an example. The bottoms are GOLD not green. I'm thinking that this is an ebay problem...

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another unnecessary update on the part of eBay that will simply lead to lower click-rates. 

They have changed the "white" background color of images to "grey", this new change is currently spotted in the eBay app and not the website. 

They also implemented a horrible update in May/2020 that affected multi-variation listings, right now the eBay app is pre-selecting variations for the buyer as soon as a multi-variation listing is clicked on, afterwards the app is jumping to a random variation's image and skipping on showing the main images of the listing first, this has lowered the conversion rate by 20-30% as buyers are utterly confused by this.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@mothermary-sistersue 

I'm certainly seeing the tupperware as gold .........but frankly too gold to be harvest gold (to me),,,,,,,,,,,,,

Message 6 of 6
latest reply