cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make any listing variations!

I have not been able to create a listing with variations. The "add combination" button is GONE. 

When I edit a current listing with variations the button appears but clicking it does nothing, it just blinks.

I guess I'm just dead in the water until they fix it. I've tried clearing my cache and using different browsers, no luck.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

We are still having the same problem, 4/18, 1 pm EST

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Having the same problem. Called eBay today and they created a ticket. Didn't receive much info except that it's a known issue. This has been going on for days now. SO FRUSTRATING!

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Same issue here, trying to add combination button but is not working....04/18/2022 8:06PM ET.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Everyone is getting so frustrated because inventory is building up, and you can't refresh your variations, in order to drive in more viewers. And each time that we call for an update, all they say is that they are working on it and will create a ticket for the technology team to look into.  This is causing lost potential sales for Sellers and lost final selling fees for Ebay itself, as well as reputation risk. Not good for business on either side.  You would figure that an online Giant like Ebay would the top technical resources to help resolve this, but i guess it's just a wait and see game at this point.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Anyone have any luck yet? i still can't add any additional variations as of 4/20/22

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Just finished an online chat with an ebay support agent.  This was the last reply:  

Thank you for patiently waiting, through checking here it seems that you are correct that we have on going issue right now with this type of concern and other sellers are experiencing it also and us here on eBay dont want this kind of experience you have using our platform. As I checked here our team is doing their best to fix the issue and there is approximate date when it will be fix and that will be on May 06, 2022. As part of eBay we do apologize for this inconvenience cause you here, for now please be patience with us since our team is already doing their best to fix it.

Of course, I voiced our concern that May 6 is NOT soon enough.  

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Wow, May 6th? To fix a button? You would think a simple button that's actually a huge problem in that we can't list (unless I list 100's of single items for each size and color) would be a bigger priority for them.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Guys I have figured out a work around to this problem.

On the same page click on the Edit button up top where you add and remove your variations

Then under Attributes, just Create Your Own and add any other Size or variation to your auction, the key is when you click Update, you want to get the "Add Rows Automatically" message instead of just the "Update Variations" message, then click Ok

Now when you return to the page where you input Price, UPC, etc, you should see the new Variation you just added, as well as all of the original Variations prefilled in, then you can simply just Delete the Variation you just added, and all you original Variations will remain and you can save the auction.

I sell Sneakers on Ebay and this had me baffled all this week when I had sizes selling on other Platforms and could not add those sizes back to my Ebay inventory.

Hope this fix works for all you guys, good luck!

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Finally Fixed!! Working again as of yesterday!

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

I just opened my account 5/26 and I CANNOT do variations...

eBay please help - -I can't sell if I can't list it.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Not working for me on a new account -- eBay -- can you please advise?

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

I can't remember.  Are new accounts not able to do variation listings right away as they need to be established or exist for a certain period of time, or is that something I'm mis-remembering?

Seems to me that its possible you are account limited till you meet some criteria, but I could be mistaken.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

@ironcloudmetalworks wrote:

I just opened my account 5/26 and I CANNOT do variations...

Most likely you're running into one of 2 problems.

1. You are trying to list in a category that does not support variations.

2. You are creating variations but trying to list a quantity that exceeds your listing limits, so the listing is being rejected.

Without more information it will be difficult to pinpoint the issue for you @ironcloudmetalworks. What was posted about earlier in the thread was a technical bug that has since been fixed.

Edit: oops, tagged the wrong poster. Fixed that.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 28 of 28
latest reply