cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer reporting that listing shows Free Shipping but listing has calculated shipping

s-l1600 (3).jpgA buyer contacted me this morning to ask why my listing was showing free shipping but when she tried to buy it showed a shipping charge.  I am not offering free shipping but this screen shot the buyer sent definitely is showing that.  Is there anything I can do about this?  I assume this is a glitch in the system for ebay.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer reporting that listing shows Free Shipping but listing has calculated shipping

It is actually a tech problem ATM - it is appearing that ''other items available from this seller'' are being incorrectly shown as Free Shipping when they are not > see image from another thread - eBay have been advised

ebay_similar_sponsored_items.jpg

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Buyer reporting that listing shows Free Shipping but listing has calculated shipping

@lukastreasuretrove;

It's not an eBay glitch, it's a glitch in whatever 3rd party search or rewards website your buyer is using.

eBay doesn't show the number of watchers like that, so it's not eBay. I've heard of this happening with google searches, but when I tried a google search for that item, it was showing shipping costs appropriately, and it wasn't showing the # of watchers. So it's not google, and it isn't picclick either.

Tell your buyer that the problem was with the search engine or rewards website she was using, that showed incorrect information. And that the shipping shown on eBay is correct, and  you can't afford to ship it for free.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@lacemaker3 Thanks for the quick response.  I will ask them where they found the listing.  I know the first thing I did was check and I didn't see anything out of place.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It is actually a tech problem ATM - it is appearing that ''other items available from this seller'' are being incorrectly shown as Free Shipping when they are not > see image from another thread - eBay have been advised

ebay_similar_sponsored_items.jpg

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I reached back out to the buyer and she said that the listings are actually on the eBay site.  I just searched also and found it with the free shipping, also.  See screenshot.Screen capture from eBayScreen capture from eBay

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You're right, that does appear to be on eBay. So it is an eBay glitch.

I would still explain to your buyer that's it's an eBay glitch, you can't control it, and I believe your item is still one of the cheapest if not the cheapest even including shipping. The shipping appears to be shown correctly in the regular search, so that would be the best place for her to do comparison shopping.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@lukastreasuretrove wrote:

I reached back out to the buyer and she said that the listings are actually on the eBay site.  I just searched also and found it with the free shipping, also.  See screenshot.Screen capture from eBayScreen capture from eBay

There was another post a couple days ago where their promoted listings were showing free shipping, when it wasn't.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Another issue you'll soon be facing is that any newly listed items will show as "Shipping not specified - contact seller" to buyers. This has been happening since yesterday morning.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply