cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Links in Watch List for "View Relisted Item"

In the watch list... when an item has ended and been relisted...the link that says "View Relisted Item"...this link goes to the ENDED ITEM...then you have to click, again, on the link at the top that says "This listing has ended. The seller has relisted this item or one like this." Then you are taken to the "Relisted Item".

The original link, on the ended item in "My Ebay" DOES NOT WORK.

This has been broken for some time. It gets me every time as I expect it to work like any other web page, and it doesn't. Not a huge deal, but it has been like this for a while.

Thanks!

David

Boola-Boola!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Broken Links in Watch List for "View Relisted Item"

While a direct link to the relisted item rather than the now-ended item

would be logical and save an extra click, I've found that there are occasions

when the current behavior is preferable. Sometimes the relisted item link leads

to an error message -- because the seller has substantially changed the listing

or the new listing has not fully propagated through ebay's system. Currently, you

can use the "back" button on your browser to find the original item. If the system

behaved as you want, hitting the "back" button would lead to your item list, not

the individual item.

My current practice is to periodically go through my completed watched items

list, right click on the link for any that have relisted to open in a new tab, and

simultaneously check the box on my item list. When I get to the end of the list,

I delete the checked items, and then go on to each tab to see if the relisted item

has changed in price, needs to be added to my list again or can be ignored.

If the link worked as you intend, any error messages would be impossible to

backtrack from as the items would have already deleted from my list.

However, I could train myself to right click on the auction title rather than the "item

has been relisted" link, so perhaps the behavior you expect makes more sense

after all.

Upon further reflection, you are correct. The "item has been relisted" link should

point to the new listing; the auction title already points to the old one.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

now its going to totally non related items trying to sell you something. what does it state "view relisted item" when the seller didn't rel;ist it

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This feature is broken even worse than before. Even when the item HAS been relisted, the "relisted" link goes to something totally different.  I have to do a search of current listings to find the actual relisted item. In addition, it is impossible to compare the relisted item to the original ended item to see if changes have been made in the description, conditions etc.  Clicking on the ended item "original" listing link goes to a totally non-related item.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Been experiencing the same issue for the last few days.  I kept being told that the item is no longer available.  Before if you clicked the see relisted item link it just took you to the ended listing but you could still check the details of that listing and click view relisted button but now it is even worse and you are not even able to access the old listing and are offered 'similar listing'.   I found out by accident that a lot of relisted items that were labeled as no longer available are in fact relisted but the only way I could check was to go the the sellers Items for Sale list and see if the entry is there.  There must be an awful lot of sellers losing custom with this glitch which does not seem to be getting resolved.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply