cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best match search results all screwed up as of 2/28

I have had the top selling products for quite some time in my category based on key words. With sales click through ratios 10-20:1 over the next best competitor. As of  2/28/19 Sometime during the middle of the day the best match search results are now way out of order. Products with ridiculous sales prices and no sales are higher in the search rankings than my leading products that have taken #1 and #2 spots so long as I can remember. I’m top rated and have no degraded seller status. What is going on? Is this a known issue? My products are the best match and top sellers by far and there’s no reason they should not be numbers one and two still. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I will take a guess, based on what I am seeing with my own items.  Every FP listing is going to be GTC by the middle of this month.  So, some of us that have 30 day (or other than GTC) listings are starting to update our listings now.  I started seeing some of my items coming up in positions 3 to 10 in Best Match this evening.  I always felt lucky if  I could find one of my items anywhere on the first page (200 items).  Maybe, items are being re indexed with the new GTC listings that are soon to hit the site?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

All of my listings have always been Good Til Cancelled so not sure it’s got anything to do with listing position in best match. Nothing has changed on my end.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Made two calls to Ebay the first one said they were unaware of any issues outstanding. The second call they stated this is a known issue and have submitted a trouble ticket but you never know what the actual truth is, especially dealing with the Philippines offsite call center. I’m going to keep calling everyday until some headway is made. EBAY IS LOSING MONEY and so are their best sellers as they put their highest pull through ratio sellers and ads lower in the best match rankings due to this issue!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

10 years as trs. We averaged $1000-2000 per month. Starting in Nov 2018 sales decreased 50%. Again in Jan 2019 another 50% drop in sales. Feb 2019 worst month EVER. Down another 75%. We sold more in Oct 2018 than Nov/Dec/Jan combined. Ebay says were added to list of sellers affected by recent changes on eBay

Message 5 of 5
latest reply