cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active selling page now too wide for laptop screen

...and no, I'm not changing the zoom feature. I don't want to make the fonts any smaller, I would like to have the page fit like it used to. (and when I say "used to" I mean, like, a week ago!) 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Active selling page now too wide for laptop screen

Any difference if you hold down the shift key and refresh the page?

If that does not help, you may want to try a different page as a temporary workaround.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active

https://www.ebay.com/mys/active

Or a different browser, in case the page renders better.

If the page looks better in a different browser, try clearing the cache in the original browser, and manually deleting just your eBay cookies to see if that helps.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ok well if you don’t want to change the zoom setting, I don’t think there’s anything else that can be done. 
Your browser may have updated since then.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@caracy 

Active selling page now too wide for laptop screen

Just a suggestion if your work environment allows:

Purchase (or Christmas gift request) an inexpensive small 4K TV (approximately 43" under $200 will do) to connect to your laptop. Windows can automatically lock 2 side by side browser windows on the TV screen.  Windows will be full page browsing with active selling page fitting.

Productivity with 2 side by side full screen browsers will increase (plus you can still use your laptop screen). I mainly use the laptop screen for navigation and get any real work done using the TV Screen.

Tip: Search TV Feedback/Questions for "Monitor" before purchase and/or research best TV for computer monitor. My TV resolution at 4096X2160 is greater than my laptop screen resolution. Some technical skill involved in getting everything setup (yourself, friends or family?).

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yeah, its funny. Their home page fits perfectly. Sold and Unsold are off by a little bit. But Manage Active Listings is annoyingly huge. If it were a browser issue, you'd think it would be all pages and most if not all sites.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Their home page fits perfectly. Sold and Unsold are off by a little bit. But Manage Active Listings is annoyingly huge. If it were a browser issue, you'd think it would be all pages and most if not all sites.

It depends on what the underlying issue is.

There was a problem with the Watch List a while back. In some browsers, the page was displaying much wider than it should have been, resulting in a scroll bar across the bottom that had to be used to see the right side of the page. Apparently the horizontal row of categories at the top of the list was not wrapping correctly -- for some older browsers, at least. Switching to a different browser was one way to avoid the problem; using an ad blocker to suppress the row entirely was another.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@ebooksdivaSure there's more. She can simply grab the version of the web browser that rendered the eBay site to her liking from old version dot com.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply