cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Permanently Suspended

Hi folks,

A friend of mine had her account permanently suspended some time ago, apparently apropos of nothing. She had only made a couple of purchases on the account. So far as I can tell, she did not violate any of eBay's policies. When we called to try to resolve the issue, the eBay customer service representative said that the decision was permanent and could not be appealed, but also said that eBay would not clarify what had caused the suspension. They also said she could make another account, but would have to use a different email address.

I'm super confused. Currently waiting on a call back from a supervisor. Anyone had this issue / have any ideas / advice?

Much obliged!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Account Permanently Suspended

Do what was suggested and make a new account with a new email address.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I'm concerned because we've gotten conflicting information from different agents. One said that any similarities in the new account would get it suspended (i.e., bank account). The other said the new account would be good to go. Regardless, it just doesn't make sense that the original account was suspended...

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

It does depend on what the other account was suspended for.  If she didn't pay her bill or something like that, it could come back to bite her through a second account.  

Account restrictions and suspensions | eBay

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

If the account was permanently suspended, any other accounts they associate with that account will also be suspended.

If you two used the same Internet connection/WIFI, your account could be suspended also.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I'm curious about how a BUYER would end up with a permanent suspension, since the bad ones seem to be able to do anything stinky to a seller they can think of and get away with it.  Repeated nonpayment over a short period of time might do it.  Might.   Unless she logged in from a Wifi associated with a scummy seller.  Or lives in the same building.  Guilt by association will do it.  

This is one where I'd ask eBay for Business on Facebook.  Tell her to lay out the facts.  Account created (date), used to make paid purchases (dates). Permanently suspended (date).  WHY?????  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Your friend might have been suspended because she used the same wi-fi connection as someone else that got suspended for cause, maybe her children or a friend used her wi-fi account.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

She paid in full for the very few (maybe three) transactions she had, so I have to assume you might be correct-- that it was proximity to a "bad buyer" that got her suspended. 

We'll check out the eBay for Business. Do you have a link?

Thank you for your help, truly!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I think it must have been another person in the building or a friend. She definitely doesn't have kids, so that's a non-starter, and she only had maybe three transactions that she paid in full...

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

She hasn't tried logging on on my Wi-Fi. Several other commenters have said that it could be another person in the building and a confused Wi-Fi / IP address (we live in a densely populated city)

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

She only had maybe 3 transactions, all of which she paid in full. Several other commenters have said that it could be another person in the building and a confused Wi-Fi / IP address (we live in a densely populated city)

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@camillaconde wrote:

They also said she could make another account, but would have to use a different email address.

I highly doubt eBay said that, when eBay permanently suspends a user they specifically state that they are forbidden from opening another account.

I have never heard of ANY situation where eBay would allow it.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

When I called they specifically said she'd be allowed another account. I thought it seemed strange as well.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply