cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP Keeps Changing My Shipping Address To My Home Address

Hello,

Overnight the app is updating and it is changing my shipping address to my home address.  I do not operate my business from my home and this only started happening over the past few days.  

Others have suggested turning off location services or deleting the app entirely and working strictly from the desktop.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This issue appears to have been corrected for me at around 12:00pm EST today.  Very thankful to everyone for kicking this up the food chain and getting the issue resolved 🙏

View Best Answer in original post

Message 16 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Hi @wilsonharborsales . I'd take all of the below actions on the website. After doing all of this, that info should carry over to the app.

First go to this page under your account settings and update all relevant address fields. The next time you go to print a label, click on edit next to your ship from address on the right side of the page to make sure the updated address is showing before you purchase the label. (You may have to expand shipping options on the top right of the page to see this option).

shipfromaddress.png

Don't forget to update the location on your listings. Go to your active listings page in seller hub, select all listings, click the edit button in the menu above your listings. From there you can use the bulk editor to change the ship from zip code on your listings to ensure accurate rates when calculated shipping is used.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

No, this is an app specific issue.  My shipping address is correct in all the fields and this was not an issue prior to a few days ago.  The app is forcing my registration address (where I live) to be my ship-from address during an overnight update.  Then, in the morning, I receive an email stating that I need to update my item location.

I will correct everything back to my business address, and then overnight it will switch it back.

Others are experiencing this as well, specifically businesses that operate from a different location than the owner’s registration address.

Other businesses have suggested that deleting the app prevents this from happening but I like to have the app on the phone so that I can quickly answer customers.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@wilsonharborsales 

I had encountered an issue when trying to print labels, and this was not in the APP but on the web tool.

The Labels program was showing the wrong address (extracted from my registration address).

I went into my ship-from and return addresses and updated both addresses.

Returning to the label program, the addresses remained old.

But back at the account settings, the addresses were correct.

Resetting and clearing cache and cookies did not change what appeared on the label program.

After a whole suite of tests, the resolution was to ADD new ship-to and return addresses and make them primary. In doing so, the newly added addresses looked exactly like my edited addresses (as they were both the same new address), but the label program still saw them differently. The ADDED addresses were correct, but the EDITED older addresses displayed old on the label screen instead of displaying the edited update. So I deleted the old ones.

Thus, my long term solution was to ADD the new addresses and DELETE the old ones.

Buyers are similarly complaining that old addresses are being sent to sellers after checkout. This sounds like it may be a related problem where "editing" the registration address (or possibly the ship-to addresses) does not perform the same function as ADD new and DELETE old on the ancillary addresses.

Anyway, I would suggest investigating this same ADD and DELETE process on the Mobile App and reporting the results.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Hi there,

Yes, I deleted all my shipping and return addresses and re-entered them exactly the same.  These are set to primary.  This is my business address.  Overnight however, it reverts back to my registration address which is my home (where I live).  On the app there is a new ‘ship from’ address form.  This is different from ‘shipping address’ and ‘return address’.  It is a new field that was created a few days ago.  That field auto-populates to my registration address no matter how many times I correct the form.

Anyway, others in the FB groups are experiencing this as well and the fix seems to be removing the app.   The only people who may notice a problem are those who have separate registration and business addresses.  So in the meantime I will see if I can register my account from the place my business operates out of.

I genuinely appreciate the help.  Thank you for taking the time.  Cheers!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Hi @wilsonharborsales,

I noticed that you are registered in Canada, and are shipping your items from Niagara Falls, NY. I wonder if this has something to do with what you're experiencing?

Are the other sellers you mentioned also doing this?

(I know this is not uncommon, and that there are shipping companies that will take packages across the border to the post office so that Canadian sellers can ship by USPS.)

FYI, I don't think you will be able to change the country in your registered address. It has been reported, and confirmed by eBay I believe, that you can't change the country after you have registered with managed payments.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@wilsonharborsales  it appears that this may not just be impacting sellers either.

I've seen a few reports from buyers that say it is defaulting back to old ship to addresses for their purchases and I'm seeing at least one report on the UK forum as well, so it may be a global issue.

devon@ebay  kyle@ebay  elizabeth@ebay do you have any open tickets for this?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Hi Liz,

Thank you.  I have had some people reach out from Australia and a few larger US businesses that have separate registration and shipping addresses.  I removed the app yesterday and noticed this morning that none of the business addresses reverted to my home registration address.  So for me anyway, this seems to be a fix.  This might work out best for me personally, because my screen time was exceeding 11hrs a day 🙂

I hadn't noticed this issue prior to this weekend.  A few of the larger businesses removed location services from their phone, but the issue persisted in spite of that.

Cheers, Josh

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Yes, I live in Canada and operate a business out of the United States.   This is not uncommon here because I live in a border town.  However, I don't believe this is the reason it is happening.  Others who have PO Boxes, separate registration and business addresses, or those who use freight forwarders are reporting this issue as well.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@wilsonharborsales  it appears that this may not just be impacting sellers either.

I've seen a few reports from buyers that say it is defaulting back to old ship to addresses for their purchases and I'm seeing at least one report on the UK forum as well, so it may be a global issue.

Hey @valueaddedresource! Our Product teams have seen reports of this as well and they are investigating the issue. As of now we do not have a ticket we can share but if and when one does come open we will be sure to let you and others know. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Hey @valueaddedresource! There is now an official sitewide ticket open for this under ALERT15269. I will have the Tech board updated here shortly and we advise members to reach out to customer support to have their account added as an example for our Tech team to use to find the root cause. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

Hey @valueaddedresource! There is now an official sitewide ticket open for this under ALERT15269. I will have the Tech board updated here shortly and we advise members to reach out to customer support to have their account added as an example for our Tech team to use to find the root cause. 

Thank you devon@ebay !

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

devon@ebay sellers report receiving an email acknowledging the issue and saying it goes back as far as April 7.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ebay-Orders-may-contain-incorrect-shippin... 

The message says eBay will protect performance for canceled orders, remove negatives, and refund fees - but it does not say anything about losses for orders that have already been shipped and delivered to incorrect address.

Will sellers also receive full protection (with eBay funding any refunds) on Item Not Received claims and chargebacks resulting from an eBay error that provided incorrect ship to addresses on these orders?

shippingmessage.jpeg

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

devon@ebay sellers report receiving an email acknowledging the issue and saying it goes back as far as April 7.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ebay-Orders-may-contain-incorrect-shippin... 

The message says eBay will protect performance for canceled orders, remove negatives, and refund fees - but it does not say anything about losses for orders that have already been shipped and delivered to incorrect address.

Will sellers also receive full protection (with eBay funding any refunds) on Item Not Received claims and chargebacks resulting from an eBay error that provided incorrect ship to addresses on these orders?

shippingmessage.jpeg

Hey @valueaddedresource! I am checking on this with different Product teams and once I have more insight I will let you know. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply