cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seeking info on Limoges Theodore Haviland early apple blossom pattern china

Hi all, I would appreciate any replies or info on this subject.  I have several pieces of Limoges Theodore Haviland Early apple blossom china pieces.  I did find some info on line but am confused.  The info said the Apple blossom patern was from 1940-1989 but it reference the mark as red and black "Theodore Haviland-New York-Made in America-AppleBlossom".  the pieces I have are marked

"Theordore Haviland Limoges France patent applied" in red script.  Also incised T H with underline.  Can anyone provide info to me about this?  Since my pieces are marked France is this set of apple blossom an early set or pattern?  thanks for all info provided. Joci

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

msgood2shoe, thank you so much for the info.  Whenever I come to this board with questions, it seems like you are always the one that gives me the answer(s) I am seeking.  Much appreciated. Joci

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There is plenty of Haviland history online. http://www.havilandonline.com/History.htm
I have Rosalind from France and also New York, and there are subtle differences. The French stuff is more desirable.
Janet
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Janet, thank you so much for your reply and the link to Haviland China.  I am glad to hear you comment that the pieces made in France are more desirable as this is what I was thinking.  Also I checked out some Apple Blossom auctions here on Ebay and the Apple Blossom pattern on the USA manufactured pieces is not as pretty as the apple blossom pattern on the china made in France.  I will follow the link you provide to secure more info.  Thanks again for your very prompt reply.  Joci

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi, I just went on Replacement.com and found photos of two of the items I have in the Limoge France Apple Blossom pattern.  It appears that there are not many pieces of this china available as they are out of stock.  Here are the photos of the ones I found and of which I have.

limoge 1.jpg

limoge 2.jpg

comments on these pieces or the Limoge France Apple Blossom pattern china are greatly appreciated.  I do want to list but I want to be accurate in my description when I post the auctions.  Thanks.  Joci

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

bumping for replies if any more info on subject nay be available

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I'm not clear on what kind of information you are seeking.  You have the maker, and the Schleiger number and you have the name of the shapes you show.  

If you are wanting a time frame for when they were made you can compare you marks to the marks at Haviland Online

http://havilandonline.com/backmark.htm

You indicate that the pieces are marked "Limoges" so that means they were made in France, as opposed to American produced Haviland, marked "Theodore Haviland, Made in America".  During the years of WWII, American made Haviland was made with American sourced kaolin, which wasn't as pure as kaolin from Limoges.  While French made Theodore Haviland is generally superior to American made Theo Haviland, people seeking to purchase the pattern to fill in their existing service will be interested in purchasing china like theirs, including where it was made.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

msgood2shoe, thank you so much for the info.  Whenever I come to this board with questions, it seems like you are always the one that gives me the answer(s) I am seeking.  Much appreciated. Joci

Message 7 of 7
latest reply