cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spanish Pitcher... Polish Vase...

justforposting_1960
Thrill-Seeker

I'm wondering if anyone can give me info about these 2 pieces.

The first is this earthenware pitcher. It's marked on the bottom, I can make out "Handcrafted" and "Spain", but I can't figure out the other 2 words. It's 6.25" tall, the rim is 3.25" without the spout. The different colors of glaze are applied thickly, creating a textural pattern.

PICT0051 (2).JPGPICT0053 (2).JPGPICT0055 (2).JPG

The second is this vase. There is a non-English paper label on the bottom. The only word I think I understand is "Warszawa," which leads me to think it's Polish. It may be marked under the label, but I don't think I should remove it to find out. It's porcelain, 7" tall and the diameter of the rim, which has gold trim, is 2.75" .

PICT0049 (2).JPGPICT0047 (3).JPG

I put both through Google Images without any luck. Anything I could learn about them would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa (JustForPosting_1960) ~ This is my posting ID
******************************************************************************************
Before you assume, learn the facts. Before you judge, understand why.
Before you hurt someone, feel. Before you speak, think.
--Unknown
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Spanish Pitcher... Polish Vase...

The Spanish pitcher is HNOS Pedraza.

Sarah aka "sgpsells"

Photobucket

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The sticker on the Polish pottery is most likely the store’s price tag. Using Google Translate, it seems that kwiatogal means flower, then you have the name & address of the store. Nazwa  art. is name of the item, filizanka cz. kawa is coffee cup (which is probably why it’s crossed out since it’s a vase). Gatunek is type and Cena det. is price.

Sarah aka "sgpsells"

Photobucket

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Googling Kwiatogal, I found a  site that says it was a cooperative of the People’s and Artistic Industry, known primarily for the production of hand-painted porcelain, founded in Warsaw in 1950.

Sarah aka "sgpsells"

Photobucket

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you!

Lisa (JustForPosting_1960) ~ This is my posting ID
******************************************************************************************
Before you assume, learn the facts. Before you judge, understand why.
Before you hurt someone, feel. Before you speak, think.
--Unknown
Message 5 of 5
latest reply