cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lefton help please. Strawberry jam jar. Marriage?

The bottom piece of this has the remains of what I think is a Lefton label. I am thinking this might be a marriage as I can find nothing to match. About 6.5" tall.

Thoughts are welcome.strawberry3.jpg

Thank you

Radine

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry. Can't seem to add more than one photo. Not new to this, but has to be some dang thing I am doing wrong.

Entire item.strawberry1.jpg

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Lefton sold 2 different strawberry jam jars before 1976. #456 is in the shape of a strawberry and can be eliminated as a possibility.

However #6965, sold only in 1971-1972 can not yet be eliminated. #6965 appears in ONLY one pre 1976 catalogue, #456 appears both before and after it in the yearly catalogues. So now if I could only find the 1971-72 I could say for sure what it is. If I find it I will post here. But my gut is saying #6965 it is. Especially if the lid fits correctly. Does it?

If I can locate the 1971-72 catalogue I'll be back.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ever feel like that wheel that spins when you try to download something? Me, today.

I should wear my glasses more often. But I don't. This #6965 appears ONLY in the 1971-1972 Lefton Holiday catalogue (the one that has Thanksgiving and Christmas items in it). #6965 should be exceptionally rare since it was sold for only a few months in late 1971. But that won't appreciably affect the value since nobody but me knows this. And I ain't telling a soul. Or am I?

3 piles down, one more to go. Betting its in that 4th pile.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

the lid fits fine.

I appreciate your effort.

Maybe I could use RARE LQQK

Just did not want to misrepresent something.

Radine

Message 5 of 5
latest reply