cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large 4 quart pottery mixing bowl w rings

Does anyone know the company that made this large 4 quart pottery mixing bowl? It measures 10" at the opening and stands 6" tall. It is made of yellow clay. Have a glazed center on bottom with an unglazed edge. Some of the rings are straight and some are wavy. Could not find any like this in my search.  Any help is much apprecited. 

TIA

Kathleen Audetblue ring ware batter mixing bowl pottery large P1010034.JPGblue ring ware batter mixing bowl pottery large P1010031.JPGblue ring ware batter mixing bowl pottery large P1010039 (3).JPGblue ring ware batter mixing bowl pottery large P1010036.JPGblue ring ware batter mixing bowl pottery large P1010035 (2).JPGblue ring ware batter mixing bowl pottery large P1010038 (3).JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Large 4 quart pottery mixing bowl w rings

could it possibly be a Bauer Pottery piece? I had some years ago with similar rings.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Something about the glaze color makes me think of either Meyers California Rainbow or Garden City Pottery?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your help on this. Meyers is a new one for me. It looks as if the Meyer bowls are footed and the Garden City onwa are flat. Is that correct?   Also did find thisweller_yellow_ringware_nesting_mixing_bowl_10___12__stoneware_pottery ringware beehive.jpgweller_yellow_ringware_nesting_mixing_bowl_10___12__stoneware_pottery-ringware beehive pottery.jpg yellow pottery beehive - ringware bowl marked Weller. Is that another possibility?  It reminds me of a yellow ringware teapot that I have listed that a lot of sellers listed as Bauer but it is really Weller Tearose.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The rings on the Weller look concave.

Janet

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Found a bowl at etsy for sale now. The seller says Meyer. Has stilt marks and number 24 which my bowl does not have.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply