cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on German Marks

I’m interested in buying a teapot with the top mark and tried to do some research but found very little including on PM&M.  So, any information on these German marks would be helpful.  Sorry about the quality of the marks but the pictures aren’t mine, the first is off eBay and the second is off instappraisal.com.  

The first mark says on top: Bayreuth and on bottom: Bavaria over Miller.

B7A06EED-FB80-4708-AE2E-9D6EC1A25FCB.jpeg

This one says on top: Nuremberg and on bottom: Bavaria over Jon Roth.

12B8C193-DDE3-4FE6-9F13-ABD7DA7508FD.jpeg

The middle picture is basically the same for both and a similar silhouette is also used by J. von Schwarz.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Information on German Marks

You could have dropped me a line while you were on my site 🙂

Even though the graphic element may be the same, the background is not. Original and legit is that of "Jon Roth", trademark of "John H. Roth & Co." from South Bend (Indiana, USA). The trademark "Nuremberg China" was also registered to them. So far, so good.

The "Millar" mark is claimed to be related to another puzzling one, "Wallendar". As with that one "Millar" is not a German term or name. The Bavarian town named here is incorrectly spelled B-e-yreuth instead of B-a-yreuth; and of course the image shows a prominent landmark of Nuremberg, not Bayreuth.

Regards, Chris
( for more German porcelain IDs see: PorcelainMarksAndMore.com )

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Found a better copy of the first mark and the bottom nam is spelled Millar. 

017A861A-670F-4328-9196-5F78369B3905.jpeg

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You could have dropped me a line while you were on my site 🙂

Even though the graphic element may be the same, the background is not. Original and legit is that of "Jon Roth", trademark of "John H. Roth & Co." from South Bend (Indiana, USA). The trademark "Nuremberg China" was also registered to them. So far, so good.

The "Millar" mark is claimed to be related to another puzzling one, "Wallendar". As with that one "Millar" is not a German term or name. The Bavarian town named here is incorrectly spelled B-e-yreuth instead of B-a-yreuth; and of course the image shows a prominent landmark of Nuremberg, not Bayreuth.

Regards, Chris
( for more German porcelain IDs see: PorcelainMarksAndMore.com )
Message 3 of 3
latest reply