cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLASSIES: PLEASE HELP! Can ANYONE IDENTIFY This ETCHED CRYSTAL WINE GLASS PATTERN-MAKER? tyia

014.JPG

017.JPG

016.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: GLASSIES: PLEASE HELP! Can ANYONE IDENTIFY This ETCHED CRYSTAL WINE GLASS PATTERN-MAKER? tyia

All I can tell you is that it is cut, not etched. It might be one of the patterns produced by Rock Sharpe.

Cut patterns like this are challenging to ID as independent decorators bought blanks (undecorated stems) to and cut the designs, and there is little if any documentation on these independent decorating houses.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: GLASSIES: PLEASE HELP! Can ANYONE IDENTIFY This ETCHED CRYSTAL WINE GLASS PATTERN-MAKER? tyia

For me the background in your photos make the pattern so hard to see that I could not tell what it looks like.  With a plain solod color baclgrund the design is much easier to descern. 

george
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The busy green background has obscured the pattern.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Tried everything to get a clear picture of the pattern, very ornate so it's difficult but hoping this helps 🙂001.JPG002.JPG

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, please see updated photos 🙂

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

A lot better. a full shot of the stem ie whole glass would be nice. (I know we are pickey). I do not know who made the glass or did the decorating. I would need to look through Replaments. Because the cutting is left unpolished I am suspecting a European origin.
george
Message 7 of 7
latest reply