cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

German Tuck's Oilette -- Help!

dogfather123
Enthusiast
Hello all! I'm stumped (again!) -- I went postcard hunting this weekend and found this Tuck's Oilette postcard. However, all of the printed particulars on the back, which are usually printed in English, are printed in German. I have a Tuck's book that tells all about Tuck postcards but it mentions nothing about the German printed particulars on the back. Please see pictures in my Album "Postcards From The Past" Would the fact that the back is printed in German have any significance, i.e. rarity which would affect price? I've never seen a Tuck's printed in German on the back. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Betsy Postcards From The Past P.S. I've added the pictures but they may take awhile to get uploaded, so if you don't see them, check back again in a little while.
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re German Tuck's Oilette -- Help!

Hmm dogfather, could you specify what is written on the back of your German Tuck's oillette, in German that is? I have found often times that whole long slew of words written on the back of a German postcard is just the name of the company that made it, and if that be the case you can just type it into google, whole kit'n'kaboodle, and get helpful info...in English!:) Also, know a little German maybe I coud help. And I'm a little confused, didn't Tuck, like most English postcard companies publish in Germany mainly before WWI? I thought that dated them and Gave them more value because it gave a clue as to their age? But maybe it doesn't apply to oillettes. CM
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Hello, My name is Eric and I am new to this group. You all are very nice and helpful and I enjoy reading your posts. Thanks to all. I have bought one soldiers collection of post cards from WWI and I am trying to understand the market for them. Thanks, Eric
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

HI eric, I just emailed you - It's probably best if you start a new discussion for help with your cards. Sara
Message 18 of 18
latest reply