cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autumn postcard shows

In the Northeast, the Parsipanny show kicked things off a couple weeks ago, with a 2 day show packed with cards, I went both days and really didn't get to look at everything.  

The Metropolitan Postcard Club has our fall show  week after next, a 2 day show Friday-Sat Nov 3 and 4, it looks to be good. 

The huge York PA show runs 2 days Nov 17 and 18.   2 days of postcard madness.

Lancaster PA is an excellent area show the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving, they have changed their hours a little this year. 

There are some other local and stamp-related shows as well, as the 2 day show in Clifton this weekend.

I realy don't know why more postcard collectors aren't at these shows.  There is a whole different selection available that won't be on ebay, and you have opportunity to buy lower priced stuff that just can't sell on ebay effectively  (you can't have quarter cards on ebay, not when paypal charges a min of 30 cents!)

Anyone going to any postcard shows?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Autumn postcard shows

I always go to York (30 minutes from my place via back roads!) and try to go to Lanc even though its just after York. If my car is in order I may go up to NYC this weekend. I look for my own local RPPC collection, and also for anything in demand from online buyers.

The York show is spectacular and I'm lucky its right in my backyard. Ideally I'd like to get out to some of the larger shows elsewhere around the country If I can plan a trip around them. I was at a smaller show in Tulsa earlier in the year with some nice finds from dealers I've never met before. The larger shows in California, Arizona, and Kansas look tempting.

If anyone reading this is thinking of going to a nearby show: go! Deltilogical is right that there's hoards of cards at these shows that aren't available online. Prices can be premium, but so are the cards.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply