How do I change my profile picture

dopesoaplittles
Enthusiast

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Note that there is currently a bug on the community pages that can prevent profile pictures from appearing correctly. Until Khoros fixes things, most users will appear as the default blue gem icon.

If you want to change your profile picture on eBay, use a desktop browser (or a mobile browser in desktop mode). Go to your eBay profile page and use the "edit profile" button. That should cause a pencil icon to appear over your image (or image placeholder). Use that pencil icon to add a new photo. When you are done, be sure to use the "done editing" button to apply the changes.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

There is no pencil icon. I've used desktop. Mobile and the app. Clicking the picture or name brings you to the store page. Where you can edit the store. Not your profile. 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Are you using the "Edit profile" link on the right side of the profile page?

eburtonlab_0-1664495838417.png

When I do that, I see this when clicking on the pencil icon:

eburtonlab_1-1664495890537.png

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

It should be a bug here, I got same problem.  It work before but now it pring you to store page instead of profile page.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

If you have a store, there is an extra step you need to do to edit your picture. See here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Can-t-change-profile-picture/m-p/33270268/...

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

You have to click on edit your store on the store page then it will show a pencil on your profile pic

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

doesn't work. Such a simple question. Change profile pic. I've now worked for 45 minutes and have no clue

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Are you using a desktop browser?

Starting from your profile page?

https://www.ebay.com/usr/sarasublime

From there sellers need to click on the "About" tab (for non-sellers that should be the default when the page opens) and you should see the edit profile link on the right side as in my picture in my previous message.

eBay had some issues with the Profile page yesterday and earlier today where the various tabs were sending some sellers to the wrong page -- the About tab was pointing to the Feedback page, for instance. That could certainly have caused a problem, though it should be fixed now.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Hi, Go to your store, then click on "Manage my Store". Immediately you're in "Edit Store". Scroll down to your profile pic and you see a pencil next to it.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Building off my last reply, you see a pencil to the top corner of your profile pic and when you click it, you will see a menu that pops up and you need to click on "Replace" to change the pic.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I agree. I've spent too much time trying to edit the profile pic. There used to be a pencil icon. Not anymore. eBay may need to fix this problem.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

There used to be a pencil icon.

If you do not see a pencil icon when you use the "edit profile" link, try using a different desktop browser to edit your profile.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Hi

It doestn't work. I edited your link  (changed your user name to my) and the site still takes me to the page of my store (which has a different name/link).

I can change the store picture only. Not profile picture

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Are you following all the steps in shipscript's pictures? For users with stores, there is an extra step.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Can-t-change-profile-picture/m-p/33275905/...

That should work unless there is something different about your store due to your location or where you registered, unless eBay has changed the profile page again since October.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply