cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change profile picture

Cannot change the profile picture (not the store picture) - I go to the Feedback profile page, and there's no "Edit Profile" button, as all of the instructions online say to do.  This broke recently, as I was able to do this a couple of weeks ago, but not able to now.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't change profile picture

I did eventually get a screenshot put together to include the store profile, now that you don't need it.
Perhaps you could undo and the "answered" and mark this one instead to help others find it:

Account - 2022 change profile pictureAccount - 2022 change profile picture

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

eBay has changed the way the profile page works.

Using a desktop browser, try clicking on your username to get to your new profile page; from there, use the "About" tab. See if there is an edit profile link on the right side.

eburtonlab_0-1665010675930.png

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@eburtonlaband I don't have a store, so the new method is easy for us. eBay also removed the billboard images from non-store profiles.

account_avatar.png

@bluedragonshoard 

You have a store and they make it harder for stores. Your profile link leads to your store page. Click the "about" link below the billboard image. Somewhere in there is an "about us" link that you can click to open the edit features, which you can then click. 

If someone with a store has a screenshot to share, that would help others.  I made my browser narrow to get the closeup shots above.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Thank you so much!  I was going crazy!  I was indeed able to find it after clicking the About link. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I did eventually get a screenshot put together to include the store profile, now that you don't need it.
Perhaps you could undo and the "answered" and mark this one instead to help others find it:

Account - 2022 change profile pictureAccount - 2022 change profile picture

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for this, I've spent hours trying to learn how to do this.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Awwwww....Thank you very much. Finally I did it ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

OMG, has eBay ever made it mind-numbingly hard to change your User Profile Picture.  It borders on absurd!   A Huge SHOUT-OUT & THANK-YOU to shipscript for easy-to-understand HOW TO (complete w/ pics).   🙄😪😵😠🤔😃❤️

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Thank you!!!!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! Beyond grateful!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 

You have no idea how many times I tried to get this to work and there are no correct answers online except this one! 👏👏👏

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I can only change my store profile pic, not my Ebay pic.  There is no edit pencil

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

THANK YOU!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply