this new payout system SUCKS!!

New eBay payout SUCKS!! 

Message 1 of 340
latest reply
339 REPLIES 339

@714gorilla wrote:

@callmemrshank-7 wrote:

lol. Thing that used to work doesn't work now and infact screws people over, especially people that make their living on Ebay. Your solution: Duh, well stop using it. Then it will be less headache!"

I see what you mean.  It seems like the sellers who believe in and use MP want to argue (or put down) the sellers who are not happy with it, or question it.  Nothing good can come from that exchange.

Not normally.  The decision to stay or go is an individuals decision to make.  There is no right or wrong answer, you just need to do what you think is best for yourself.

What many people have said on this LONG thread isn't necessarily accurate.  So those that know the rules of MP try to explain it for them.  That doesn't mean someone agrees or disagrees with it, it simply means they can explain the rule.  It is still up to that seller to decide if they want to stay or go, but IMHO it is much better to make an informed decision based on facts rather than one made on assumptions and incorrect information.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 151 of 340
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@714gorilla wrote:

@callmemrshank-7 wrote:

lol. Thing that used to work doesn't work now and infact screws people over, especially people that make their living on Ebay. Your solution: Duh, well stop using it. Then it will be less headache!"

I see what you mean.  It seems like the sellers who believe in and use MP want to argue (or put down) the sellers who are not happy with it, or question it.  Nothing good can come from that exchange.

Not normally.  The decision to stay or go is an individuals decision to make.  There is no right or wrong answer, you just need to do what you think is best for yourself.

What many people have said on this LONG thread isn't necessarily accurate.  So those that know the rules of MP try to explain it for them.  That doesn't mean someone agrees or disagrees with it, it simply means they can explain the rule.  It is still up to that seller to decide if they want to stay or go, but IMHO it is much better to make an informed decision based on facts rather than one made on assumptions and incorrect information.

I'm speaking from what I've seen and experienced.  It shouldn't be 'normal' but what's happening now with Ebay's latest is not 'normal' either.  There have been quite a few people who think they know 'the rule' but some have a different explanation.  If you read the comment I was commenting about (that the person who received it commented on) there was no help there...just a snarky response which I've seen too many of.  Some say they're tired of reading the posts about it, then why do they keep reading them?  Just to complain?  Then don't read them.

Yes, it is each of our own decisions to do what is best for us.  We all realize that and for many it's a big decision when they've been part of Ebay for years, and maybe it's how they make their living, which is why I don't think other sellers should be trying to argue with them or make mean/smart comments if they disagree.  The majority aren't like that - I should have said 'some sellers' in my original reply - but there are still quite a few who seem to just want to argue.  Maybe we can blame that on Covid, too?  lol

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 152 of 340
latest reply

From what I see there are ebay employees that monitor this site and try to debunk the concerns of legitimate long time sellers on ebay

Message 153 of 340
latest reply

@elanowsky wrote:

From what I see there are ebay employees that monitor this site and try to debunk the concerns of legitimate long time sellers on ebay

No but it is something that gets said often when they don't agree with another poster in an effort to dismiss what they have said.  I'm unsure why a civil conversation causes so much frustration for some.

Message 154 of 340
latest reply

My customers always paid within hours. Now we have to wait up to a week to get our money. This way Ebay can make interest on our money! Really sucks. I'm going to look for another way to sell.

Message 155 of 340
latest reply

@khpony wrote:

My customers always paid within hours. Now we have to wait up to a week to get our money. This way Ebay can make interest on our money! Really sucks. I'm going to look for another way to sell.

Other than reading this on a variety of posts on various threads, where do you get this information from?  Ebay has stated publicly and in writing many times that they do not earn money on our pending funds.

Where Ebay makes the biggest influx in money with the MP system is getting their fees paid up front.  That is a HUGE cash flow increase for Ebay.  I mean HUGE.  They no longer wait 45+ days to get their money, they get it right away.  This is a really big deal for them.

Message 156 of 340
latest reply

I am still waiting to be paid for an item I sold in February, 2021 ... I have contacted eBay 40/50 times to no avail.  They always tell me to update my banking info. I did it another 4 times since Feb. and still no payment for my sold item. I am totally done with this crazy system. Somebody is making money off of it, but it sure isn't us.

Message 157 of 340
latest reply

Here's an update to my sale. Sold a book for a total of $23.90 shipping included on May 25th. I did the shipping label and shipped it out the 26th out of my own pocket.  Received a pay out email from Ebay stating my money was on the way to my bank in 1-3 days. Looked at the breakdown and they took $4.03 in fees. THAT'S 16.3%.  I've been a loyal member since 1998 but now this is border line theft. I'm 73 and been selling old car parts and stuff I collected over 50 years. So this isn't new to me but I'm seriously looking for another way to sell my parts. Craig's List really isn't a good fit for me so I'll just continue to research options. If Ebay doesn't reverse their policy soon I will probably close my account. It would be nice if the national media would pick up this story, but they are too busy with fake news. Sorry just had to get all that off my chest. 

Message 158 of 340
latest reply

@khpony wrote:

Here's an update to my sale. Sold a book for a total of $23.90 shipping included on May 25th. I did the shipping label and shipped it out the 26th out of my own pocket.  Received a pay out email from Ebay stating my money was on the way to my bank in 1-3 days. Looked at the breakdown and they took $4.03 in fees. THAT'S 16.3%.  I've been a loyal member since 1998 but now this is border line theft. I'm 73 and been selling old car parts and stuff I collected over 50 years. So this isn't new to me but I'm seriously looking for another way to sell my parts. Craig's List really isn't a good fit for me so I'll just continue to research options. If Ebay doesn't reverse their policy soon I will probably close my account. It would be nice if the national media would pick up this story, but they are too busy with fake news. Sorry just had to get all that off my chest. 

@khpony 

This item sold from the Books Category that carries a FVF of 14.55% for those not in MP.  So on top of that you would have the 2.9% PayPal processing fee, plus the 30 cent transaction fee.  Which looks like this.

23.90 x 14.55 = 3.48

14.55 x 2.9 = .69

Plus the 30 cent transaction fee.

$4.47 Total fees for sellers still in PayPal

Fees when using PayPal were 14.55% + 2.9% for a total of 17.45%

Now in MP it is as follows.

23.90 x 16.90% [14.55 + 2.35] = 4.04

Plus the 30 cent per transaction fee.

$4.34 Total fees

The 30 cent transaction fee is charged by PP and by MP.  It is charged on a sale that is $1.00 or $1,000, the fee is the same.

As to your shipping label.  You do not have to pay that out of pocket if you do not want to.  If you are creating your shipping labels in Ebay, on the label form where you have all the info filled out on, just above the Purchase Button on the bottom right side of the screen, is an option sellers can use.  You are allowed to CHOOSE if you'd like your shipping charged paid using MP funds or PP funds.  Once you set this option it will default to that until such time as you change it.  So this is a choice for all of us to make.

MP Funding a Label.JPG

Message 159 of 340
latest reply

Thanks for the information. That is most helpful. I apologize for my original post and fully understand now about the fees when selling books. I normally don't sell books but have decided to liquidate the books I've collected over the years while owning vintage mustangs. I believe I'll go list them in a vintage mustang group (I'm a member of) and give the members a chance to own them and I'll stick to mostly selling the vintage car parts I have left over. Thanks again! 

Message 160 of 340
latest reply

@khpony wrote:

Thanks for the information. That is most helpful. I apologize for my original post and fully understand now about the fees when selling books. I normally don't sell books but have decided to liquidate the books I've collected over the years while owning vintage mustangs. I believe I'll go list them in a vintage mustang group (I'm a member of) and give the members a chance to own them and I'll stick to mostly selling the vintage car parts I have left over. Thanks again! 

It's fine, don't worry about it.  MP is such a huge change.  It is hard to digest everything.  Just give yourself time to settle in.  And if you ever have a concern again, feel free to reach out to me.  I will always help if I can.

What I find is the easiest way to remember what the fees are in MP is it is ALWAYS the FVFs we paid before entering MP plus 2.35% for money processing.  So if you sell in a category that you use to be charged 10.20% in Ebay fees and 2.9% in PP fees [13.10% total], in MP you would be charged the 10.20% FVF and 2.35% in money processing fees for a total of 12.55%.

And both Ebay and PP charge a 30 cent per transaction fee.

I wish you the best.  

Message 161 of 340
latest reply

Amen to that! eBay can take whatever they want whenever they want  out of my bank account and I don't like that.  It is so confusing  because the numbers don't match up.  Now I feel like eBay is Nickle and diming me more.  I think I might be done.  This isn't

fun anymore.

Message 162 of 340
latest reply

What the hell!?!?!?  I just got a message saying the funds would be at my bank in a  MONTH!  WHAT'S UP WITH THAT????

Message 163 of 340
latest reply

@thatonechick7 wrote:

Amen to that! eBay can take whatever they want whenever they want  out of my bank account and I don't like that.  It is so confusing  because the numbers don't match up.  Now I feel like eBay is Nickle and diming me more.  I think I might be done.  This isn't

fun anymore.

That is simply not true.  They will only look to your checking account for funds if your MP runs into a negative balance for a few days and it doesn't seem that current sales are going to cover it.

There are reports in the Seller Hub under the Payment Tab to help you with the details of your MP account.  Lots of information there.

And MP has two fees.  The Simplified fee that they charge when you have a payment from a buyer and the 30 cent per transaction fee [just like you had in PP].  So I'm not sure where the "nickel and diming" is coming from.

Message 164 of 340
latest reply

@thatonechick7 wrote:

What the hell!?!?!?  I just got a message saying the funds would be at my bank in a  MONTH!  WHAT'S UP WITH THAT????

@thatonechick7 

That is hard to say without more details.  Please post the contents of the email so we can see it.  You can black out any personal information that shouldn't be public.  But not knowing what the email actually says it is hard to say what it is about.

It is likely because Ebay considers you a new seller or a seller that has return to selling after 90+ days away.  They have a policy for this and they do hold your money for awhile.  Not a month, but still an annoying amount of time.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/funds-availability.html

Message 165 of 340
latest reply